Cornerstone incompatible for recommend PHP setting

I host all my website with Siteground now, and want to optimise them. However, currently running on php 5.6 and they recommend php 7.0. But cannot upgrade because Cornerstone is not compatible.

Solution? Do I have to ditch using cornerstone completely (not that I like it that much…)

Hey there,

Cornerstone is compatible with PHP 7. I personally can confirm it on my test site.

Thanks.

Siteground still saying it is incompatible. In fact, it says that X is incompatible. Here is the error log -

FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE

26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4


FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE

26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4


FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE

26 | ERROR | Using a call-time pass-by-reference is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and prohibited since PHP 5.4

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello, I worked round the problem by exporting my customiser settings, deleting X, updating PHP, then reinstalling X and Cornerstone. All working fine now.

Hey There,

Glad all is working fine :slight_smile:
All the best for your project :thumbsup:

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.