Cornerstone Inaccessible After Migration

Hi there,

I’ve just migrated a site over to a test area, as I have done several times before with X and Cornerstone, and for some reason cornerstone has totally locked up and is failing to let me load, edit, or create new pages. When I try to access it, it takes me to a page I’ve never seen before in cornerstone where it lists the ‘Content’ and displays all of the pages on the site in a list (see screenshot: Screenshot

Even when I try to make new pages, I still can’t use cornerstone at all.

Any thoughts?

Hey @tobygray,

That issue usually is caused by permalink error but to be sure, please do the following:

  1. Ensure everything is up to date.

  2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know the results.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ahh that got it. It was a plugin clash. Bit weird as it was migrated from a site where this all worked without issue, so I never thought to check that, but glad it’s working again.

Thanks very much!

Glad you were able to figure it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.