Cornerstone hanging

Hi

I urgently need to edit pages on my live site, however cornerstone will no longer load and just hangs. All my plug-ins and versions are up to date and I have cleared all my caches / deactivated / reactivated plugins etc but nothing resolves the issue.

Please advise. Site: www.wotherspoonconsultancy.com

Hello @sewotherspoon,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I am sorry for the problems you are facing with Cornerstone. I am suggest few solutions, please try them out and see how it goes.

• Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

• Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  • Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  • Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

The latest versions of Conernerstone and X, appear to have mostly resolved this issue, however this is browser dependant.

Even with the solutions you suggest above:

Cornerstone loads and I can edit my pages in Chrome, but it still hangs in Firefox and I can’t edit my pages using Cornerstone at all. It intermittently works in Edge. Similarly when I switch to my Mac, I can edit my pages intermittently in Safari.

I am finding this very frustrating and am not sure what the issues are. I have cleared my cache…

Hello There,

Please clear your browser cache or use “private browsing mode” in Edge or Firefox. In most cases, the scripts serve in those browsers could be coming from the browser cache and it is out of date which came from the old version of the theme.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi

That’s not making any difference. I’ve ensured my cache is clear and tried private browsing mode. The issue is only experienced in Firefox. Safari and Chrome browsers work.

All my plug-ins, themes, translations, and version of Wordpress are up to date.

I also have a subdomain that uses X. It too doesn’t work in Firefox and with that install I have discovered that one of my plug-ins “Hide my site” (as the subdomain site is a work in progress, the “Hide my site” plug-in helps me protect access), needs to be deactivated as it causes conflict. When it is deactivated I can edit my subdomain site with Cornerstone in Safari or Chrome. It just doesn’t work at all in Firefox.

Hello @sewotherspoon,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that regards can you please share website login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi Sheena,

I tried on firefox and it seems to work on my end without issues.

If you have some browser extensions installed, try to deactivate one by one and check if cornerstone works each time. That way you will be able to arrow down which one is causing the issue.

With regards to your favicon, it looks corrupted. Try to delete and upload again.

Thanks

I don’t have any extensions, add-on or themes in firefox and the automatic ones enabled by Mozilla, I have deactivated and the issue still occurs. So I am somewhat frustraed. I too am using the latest version of Firefox.

I’ve got a web developer friend looking at the media thumbnails and favicon issue as any new file uploaded to my site - will not show as a thumbnail and thus not view (happens in all browsers). The files are not corrupted and do work elsewhere.

Hi @sewotherspoon

For the media files thumbnails and the favicon issue, you got 403 permission denied server response for these images files, please check this screenshot:

That’s something you need to report to your hosting provider as it also happens with the default WordPress theme as well.

For the Cornerstone builder issue with Firefox, I can’t reproduce this issue at my end as well, the builder is working fine:

Did you try replicating this issue on other PCs? It could be something very limited to your PC (Antivirus or firewall rule, something in your network settings).

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.