Cornerstone Hanging after 5 minutes of use

Why is it that irrespective of the version, you start using CORNERSTONE and eventually the whole browser will freeze up. Sometimes I forget to ignore the warning signs (IE that it is starting to get laggy) and forget to save and then I lose my work when I try and save it.

My Designer goes completely crazy over this.

He has a super powerful computer (he’s a designer) and I am running an I7 13th Generation with 32GB of Ram. It doesn’t matter the Browser, I’ve tried this in Firefox, and I get a slightly longer stay of execution when using Chrome.

The web hosting is enterprise level.

Hoping that someone can share with me some hacks,

Thanks.

Hey Jason,

Thanks for reaching out!

We are not experiencing this kind of issue while working on our development website. I suspect that it might be some of the browser extensions that affect the behavior of Cornerstone on your designer device. I highly suggest removing the browser extension to check if the issue persists. It would also be best if you could provide us with a video so that we can check on it properly.

Thank you.

see securenote

Just to add that this morning I have disabled ALL CHROME EXTENSIONS and exactly the same thing happens after about 5 minutes of usages.

I would like to add that this is not something new either, this has always been the case and has been one of the major frustrations of this theme. We have literally no idea how to use Cornerstone for long period of time because after a short period the whole builder become unstable and we get a browser message telling telling us the browser has become unresponsive and asking us whether we want to wait or quit.

I am using a Windows 10, please can your team test on this, my Designer uses a top of the range Mac.

Does anyone else experience this?

Hi Jason,

As my colleague says, we are not getting such an issue at our end. It seems that there might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue ** if you have activated it.
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

i have also, continually, suffered this. I have screamed at my webhosts but it turns out that its Pro that’s causing the slowdowns and ultimately crashes.

The reason why the site was running slow was because of unwanted PHP-cgi scripts running in the background causing the site to spike up and consuming a lot of resources. I have terminated those processors for you now. These issues are usually caused by themes, plugins, cronjobs, etc.

despite Pro being a superb tool which was actually making building websites quite enjoyable again I fear that this issue when running on unoptimised servers makes it unworkable and probably would explain if you were seeing a lack of sign ups after demos?

Okay, I will do a development fork and remove all the plugins and see if the problem persists. I am pretty sure it will persist because the plugins being used are all pretty standard, but if this is what I need to then thankfully I can do this pretty easily.

See the secure note where I show how the problems are still there even after disabling every single plugin being used on the website. I had no doubt this would happen, but I understand why you need to be sure of this.

what @headchef mentions would align more with the type of error that this theme throws up, and if when you actually run the theme with the Process Manager on Windows running alongside you can see that the page will start with a normal resource usage is it then it continues to grow, even when you are not actually doing anything. This to me points to some kind of memory or php issue in your theme code.

Please make sure your teams are testing this bug on a Windows machine as it might be restricted to that OS, which is what I am using.

Thanks for your feedback

So, here I am on a different computer, this time a laptop. It’s is I7, with 32 GB RAM as well.

This shows the processes and resource usage with the page in the video.

And here is the same page once I have closed the tab with Cornerstone.

Hope this helps you identify the problem

I am just following up on this to see if this is being worked on

This thread has gone very quiet, can you tell me whether this is something you are looking into or not?

We might need to see your actual site if you can share credentials to be sure. I can give you some tricks though to see if one of these is the issue.

Try collapsing the theme option groups, and then using CS normally.

See if you have any base64 images on that page. Or if there is anything that might be considered a large amount of data. Does this happen on all pages?

I do not know what base64 images are. The images in the page are JPEGs that have been optimised for speed.

I am not sure what I am suppsed to do with the image that you have showed. The only side bar that is open is the one that shows the styles for each element when clicked.

Resource usage just climbs when you start using cornerstone, indepedently of the pages.

Hey There,

Did you install any of the image-optimizing plugins? Please temporarily deactivate those plugins first and test the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

please see the security notes posted in this thread, where I show how with every single plugin deactivated the problem persists. There is a video showing this.

Hey Jason,

We already asked for login credentials previously so we can investigate why this issue is happening only on your site. Kindly provide the following info in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

added in this secure note

Hey Jason,

Cornerstone doesn’t hang on my end but it’s a bit slow. When I removed the third-party code like Google review and maps, Cornerstone I can quickly move sections and edit content in general moreso if the sections are collapsed.

I’m also consulting with our development team about this if there’s a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.