Cornerstone got the STONE part correct

Hey Themco.

Thanks for breaking a really great product, aka X.

It’s to the point of being unusable … slow loading, white screen of death, even slower loading – think of slow loading on steriods.

Try to edit a page, and you get nothing to edit-- that’s a feature, not a bug right?

Yes, I know … clear my cache, unload the plugins. I did all that … did I mention slow loading?

See the thing is … it was the update to the new X cornerSTONE that changed. Not my development boxes, not my OS, not my plugins…

Really people. You had to realize this MCF you were pushing out to the pubic.

Hi there,

We are sorry for your experience with Cornerstone. The speed of editing depends on many factors which sometimes are specific to the environment which you are using the feature.

I personally use the X version 5.2.2 and Cornerstone 2.1.3 and it is pretty quick. Please kindly bear with us and do the troubleshooting steps we suggest to go deep and find why this is happening for your case.

  • Kindly increase the PHP memory limit on your server and WordPress. For more information:
  • Make sure that you use PHP version 7 above as the previous versions are really slow. For more information:

php.net/supported-versions.php

  • Try to test the Cornerstone with other machine and browser, sometimes it worths to check that regarding the speed.

  • Change your development environment. For example if you use a specific hosting service, try to change it temporarily to something else and test the speed.

Finally, we will be more than happy to test your case if you give us the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post. We will do our best to find out the problem cause as we are certain it is not the Cornerstone code as we have many customers happily using it on different platforms and services.

I know encountering such issues can be frustrating and I personally would be angry if I were you. Thank you for the patience and cooperation which you will show us to help us serve you better regarding this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.