Cornerstone getting rejected by Mod_Security and returning a 406

Editing in Pro, when I try to save some changes, the green loading bar at the top of the page will stall out just before finishing, and will sit there endlessly without completing and never save or publish the change. I get no error message from the theme. If I go to the console while the green bar is stalled out, I can see that cornerstone_endpoint is returning a 406 error from the server. That error is related the mod_security on the server rejecting the request made by cornerstone_endpoint. I have contacted GoDaddy to see if there is a workaround, but I wanted to see if you guys had solved that issue. GoDaddy does not currently allow you to disable mod_security on shared hosting environments, and I think it would be better if I didn’t have to.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You don’t have to deactivate mod_security. Just ask them to exclude all X/Cornerstone assets from the mod_security ruleset and they should be able to arrange that for you.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.