Cornerstone error after new theme update

I can’t use cornerstone editor after new theme update, this message comes:

“The element could not render due to invalid markup. You may have unclosed HTML tags in your content.”

Also the header is blinking on frontpage when I am logged into the system.

I tried to erase cornerstone and add it again but no change, I also tried to upload the theme again but no change.

Hello @Fridriksdottir,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or a cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If none of those work, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey @Fridriksdottir,

I’ve checked your website and the Cornerstone is just working when I edit the homepage.

If you are experiencing the issue on the different page, please try removing the section one by one to find the culprit.

On the other hand, I don’t see the blinking header on the homepage, it is just showing normal on my end. Please try clearing your browser cache.

Hope that helps.

Hi I needed to remove front page and make another, cornerstone is not working then I try to make a new post, also if I try to change something in the pages like for example add new image or row, there comes the same error

I did clear the catch in browser no changing

Hi @Fridriksdottir,

I have checked and found the issue you described here. The problem you are facing might be due to an improper update of the Cornerstone. I would suggest you update the Cornerstone by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone.
  2. After deleting, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be the latest version.

If that does not help, there might be some different reasons behind the problem you are facing. I would suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of this helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup, I have already done that, I deleted the cornerstone and then I installed it again, still same problem, this happened after I updated the X-theme yesterday, so it must be some problem with the new update. Aren’t you going to fix this and make another update?

Bw. Margret

Hello Margaret,

It seems that the credentials are not working for us.

By the way, please go to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > Elements and make sure that the “All Classic Elements” option is enabled.

Kindly let yus know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.