Cornerstone edits an old version of the page. Bug related with WPML? Or with WP revisions system?

The landing page is currently translated into English in a separated and independent page:

If we check the last revision, we also can see it’s in English (so the internet browser is not showing an old version of the page):

Unfortunately, when I edit the page with cornerstone, it edits an old version (or newer, depending on the viewpoint) of the page, in a non translated Spanish language:

I have been restoring old versions with WordPress because WPML was changing the translated version by the original version each time I modify the original version. Now it is set to translated it independently.

How can I edit the last version of the web page? Should I translate it all again? If so, cannot I use the restore system of WordPress? If so, how to backup the pages created with cornerstone?

Thanks

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience this has cause you. Yes, it is a known bug where when edited the based/original page, translated page is edited. This is part of the reason why we are recommending independent translation at the moment as suggested by Rad here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-and-pro-compatibility/24940/4. To backup pages created in Cornerstone, you may save the page as template.

Hope this helps.

So please confirm that I cannot edit the restored version with cornerstone already translated (actually I think I have read somewhere cornerstone is not compatible with the restore system of WordPress :thinking:)

Also, do you have a list of known bugs to take a look?

Thanks

Carlos

Hi there,

Due to a recent change in Wordpress in recent 2 or 3 major updates, the restore integration doesn’t work anymore and it’s still in our issue tracker. Since the builder uses post meta as data storage, it’s greatly affected by restoration process so it could be corrupted or overwritten if you restore a post through Wordpress.

As for the bug list, we don’t have any official list as it only dealt and added to our issue trackers which is private and can’t be shared. But yes, a viewable list is great and I’ll forward your suggestion.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.