Cornerstone Editor not working

Hello,

My site has been working fine up until recently, the home page cannot be edited by Cornerstone. Other pages still work fine but when I click on ‘Edit with Cornerstone’ for home page, it just continues to load and I get the following error in the Chrome console:

VM707:1 POST https://www.bayareavoicetalent.com/cornerstone-endpoint 403 (Forbidden)

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: {“success”:false,“data”:{“invalid_user”:true,“message”:“nonce verification failed.”}}
at Function.fa.error (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at fa.tokenize (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at fa.select (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Function.fa (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at Function.a.find (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2)
at n.fn.init.find (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at n.fn.init.a.fn.find (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2)
at a.fn.init.n.fn.init (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at a.fn.init (jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1:2)
at n (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

I have tried disabling all other plugins, I’ve tried deleting and installing cornerstone again, also tried disabling and deleting all cache data. I don’t understand why this is only effecting my home page and not the other pages.

Hi there,

Usually a 403 means it’s being blocked by the server side firewall or mod_security ruleset, however as Cornerstone works on other pages this is unlikely, unless you have JS/CSS being executed in a raw content element or perhaps other shortcodes from 3rd party plugins that don’t execute on other pages?

As there’s a 403 error, there should be additional information available in your server error log if you could check that and let us know the full error.

Thanks!

Hi, I wasn’t able to get anymore info on the 403 from the server logs…Will have to contact the host support for that. I tried it in FireFox though and received more information on the error and also may have an idea based on what you said about about the code that isn’t executing on other pages.

FireFox displays the following in the console:
unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] trustlogo.js:28:123
Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: {“success”:false,“data”:{“invalid_user”:true,“message”:“nonce verification failed.”}}

The trustlogo.js is part of the Comodo SSL https://ssl.comodo.com/ logo and site verification that is installed on the bottom of the home page. Apparently this is what is causing the problem and preventing Cornerstone from loading…This isn’t on any of the other pages.

Is there a way I can remove this or prevent it from running? I can’t get into Cornerstone to edit the page to remove it…Is there a way to import/export html from Cornerstone and edit it somewhere else?

Hi @Jack

I was able to remove the JS code that was causing the 403 error. However, I’m still having a problem with the cornerstone editor not loading. Everything on the page just keeps spinning. The only error in the console now is:

Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: {“success”:false,“data”:{“invalid_user”:true,“message”:“nonce verification failed.”}} jquery.js:2:12733

Please advise.

Hello There,

Could you could try testing for a plugin conflict? You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing else works out, would you mind providing us some access to your dashboard so that we can take a closer look?

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.