Cornerstone editor not loading content

Hello!

We recently modified our Cornerstone version to V2.1.4. Ever since we did that we are unable to modify our current pages through Cornerstone, It loads an empty page ( header and footer are visible but all content is blank, even when the live page displays all content properly). I don’t see any significant error in the console log. We really need to modify some pages ASAP but right now we’re tied up. Please let me know how can we fix this or if there’s a way to go back to a previous Cornerstone version.

Thank you!

Hi There,

Please do make sure that theme is also updated. For the mean time, please do basic troubleshooting first. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time. In case you have caching, also note to clear cache. If the issue persists, please share credentials and site URL on a secure note so we can double check.

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply. I did what you said and found one plugin messing with Cornerstone: Sticky Popup (https://wordpress.org/plugins/sticky-popup/). Once I deactivated it, Cornerstone worked again. Do you have any report of this incompatibility or how to fix it? Please note that it was working just fine before I downloaded the latest Cornerstone update.

Thanks a lot!

D.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be aware that this Sticky Popup plugin hasn’t been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

You may need to look for another plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/sticky+popup/

Hope this helps.

I see what you mean, I’ll probably update my plugin then. Thank you so much!

D.

You’re welcome! Sounds good.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.