Cornerstone Editor Not Loading (blank Screen)

Hi,

My Cornerstone editor is not working for any of my pages. It just presents a blank page. I have disabled all plugins except Cornerstone, but that has not helped. I have also updated WordPress and Cornerstone/X theme. Could you please assist? My site details are below:

Hi @dozingquinn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your setup and I’m seeing the following error which could be breaking all of your pages:

Deprecated: Directive 'allow_url_include' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0

Try resetting your .htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin, go to Settings > Permalinks and click the Save Changes button.

Make sure you’re using the updated version of PHP, you can find the recommended version numbers here https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

This also happens due to low PHP Memory Limit, contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php (see https://theme.co/docs/how-to-increase-php-memory-limit)

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks. Resetting the .htacess file worked. Then my host had to update the PHP version of the site.

Cheers!

I am having the same problem but I don’t see and htaccess file anywhere. Can you check to see if it is the same issue or something else? I just upgraded wordpress and cornerstone and now preview editor wont pull up. Says might be plugin conflict when trying to load but I am using the same plugins I have always used.

Hello Aaron,

You cannot simply see the .htaccess in your WP Dashboard. You may need to login to your FTP and browse to your WP installation folder. For more details, kindly check this out:

Best Regards.

Okay I was able to reset htaccess and also update wpadmin and I get the same result. Here are the errors I though I should grab from the console:

Hey @spindriftloop,

At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login details so that we can check your settings. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off-topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Meanwhile, it could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.