Cornerstone Editor Not Loading after custom Pro Child theme

Recently, I began testing different ways to create 3d websites on Wordpress and found several methods to render 3d objects through libraries like Threejs. One of the methods I tried was creating a custom function within the functions.php file from the Pro Child Theme directory that would enqueue a custom script that contains a minified deployment from a my local Vite project which houses my basic scene to render on top of my Pro theme.

While I was able to successfully render my scene on my site: https://threedtesting.wpenginepowered.com/

I am not able to customize the rest of the site with the cornerstone editor. I took a look at my console, and noticed a couple of TypeErrors and Syntax errors which are coming from my custom script. I suspect that my minified script is somehow interfering with the cornerstone editor stack (React?) but am not exactly sure how and why. My understanding is that since I used a child theme, my code should be safe from updates or functionality from my parent theme which in this case is the Pro Theme.

Hello @ahfweb,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please share the contents of your child theme’s functions.php file? There seems to be a fatal error generated from a custom PHP code which you may have added in the child theme. We would also love to check it if we can log in. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Be advised that custom PHP coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Hi there, I shared our info via the secure note!

Hey @ahfweb,

Upon checking your child theme, the issue has something to do with your JS file. It conflicts with Cornerstone and this is outside the scope of our theme support because it is fall to 3rd party customization. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.