Cornerstone Editor NO Longer Works - Preventing website updates

When we navigate to edit a page via the Cornerston editor, the page just loads a black screen. The same thing happens when we navigate the Cornerstone “Theme Options” or “Settings”. Screenshots attached.

Hello Michael,

Thanks for posting in!

Please go to Tools > Site Health > Status. If there are any performance issues, you may need to resolve it. If you also go to Tools > Site Health > Info > Server, make sure to check that you are at least using PHP 7.4 or PHP 8.0. You can also check out and start troubleshooting by checking out this documentation:

When nothing is working, we would love to check the site and investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel! Thank you for the follow up. We took a look at the site health status and server and it appears we’re in good shape. We’re running on php 8.1.20 and wordpress 6.2.2. The Cornerstone itself is also up to date and running 7.2.7.

Hi Michael,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described here. It might be an issue with an improper update of Cornerstone, I would suggest you deactivate and delete the existing one and upload the updated one by downloading from your Themeco Account and check if that resolves your problem or not. If not, there might be another reason behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.CSS/JS Customization
3.Disabling Cache
4.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.

Thanks

Thank you, we have resolved this particular issue by reinstalling Cornerstone.

Hey Michael,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.