Cornerstone Editor Does Not Load

I 'm just trying to get started creating my website. I’m using a managed Wordpress site on GoDaddy. I’ve purchased and installed the “X” theme with the “Gym” demo. The “Gym” demo also required me to install the “Slider Revolution” plugin.

When I try to open any page of the “Gym” demo using the Cornerstone Builder the editor doesn’t load. I just get the revolving circle graphic. I’ve already tried deactivating all my plugins except for Cornerstone and Slider Revolution. Same result.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! A loading screen could probably because you have exhausted your PHP memory limit. By default, WordPress will attempt to increase memory allocated to PHP to 40MB (code is at the beginning of /wp-includes/default-constants.php) for single site and 64MB for multisite, so the setting in wp-config.php should reflect something higher than 40MB or 64MB depending on your setup.

We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Where you find the /wp-includes/default-constants.php ?

Hello There,

You need to add the above code in wp-config.php file. To access files under wp-includes directory, you need FTP your server via a program like Filezilla. Then navigate under /public_html/wp-includes/ directory, you can should see default-constants.php file.

Please refer following tutorial to know more about WordPress directory structure:

Thanks.

Thanks. Looks like the issue might have been an outdated browser. I updated the version of my browser and the problem when away. Or maybe it was an issue with the cache in my browser? Either way - my issue with loading Cornerstone demo was solved.

Might be just cache. Glad it’s sorted out.

1 Like