Cornerstone displaying older content than what is on the page

New install, php 7.4, theme and plugins are up to date. XTheme Pro cornerstone is displaying an older version of a page when trying to update. The page was created and edited prior only with cornerstone editor.

I have since installed W3 total cache plugin, cleared browser and page cache, tried incognito mode, page content displays correctly live but when editing it reverts back to prior content.

Why is cornerstone not able to edit the actual real page content all of a sudden? What is the fix? It has to be some bug with it regarding server caching.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing in!

The Cornerstone is our very own page builder. Be advised that only pages created in Cornerstone can be edited in Cornerstone. The pages that were created in Gutenberg or other page builders cannot be edited in Cornerstone. If you happened to load the page in Cornerstone (Edit in Cornerstone), you will only see a blank canvas and all the previous page contents will be discarded. Also, you are not allowed to edit the page outside of Cornerstone. Any page that was created in Cornerstone and then you have edited it outside in Cornerstone using another page builder, can lead to a corruption of cornerstone metadata which you can no longer edit back in Cornerstone.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your page settings and revisions. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Mark,

I have cleared your W3 Total Cache and then temporarily deactivated the plugin. When I edited the page, it is loading the page as expected with no issues. I resaved the page and when I view the page live, it displays exactly the same as the builder preview.

Please check out the salon services page now.

Hello Mark,

I am not sure what have caused your issue. I know that Cornerstone will save and do not delete contents. It will only discard contents if you edit the page outside of Cornerstone. It is best that you turn ON W3 Total Cache or any optimizing plugin only when you are done editing the pages and ready to go live.

Regards.

As I said, I only installed W3 AFTER these problems began trying to solve the problem. It didn’t. Cornerstone is bad.

The problem persists, cornerstone keeps reverting back to older content and this is getting tiring. Since cornerstone is now built in isn’t there a way to delete this obviously defective version and reinstall a working copy? W3 isn’t helping either the problem is clearly with cornerstone.

I’m also trying to save the cornerstone page as a template, and although it continually says “SAVED” the template doesn’t exist. So it isn’t saving templates either, and if it isn’t always saving the content, although it says it is, this could be the problem. There has to be a fix or a replacement for cornerstone. You should have just kept it as a plugin so at least we can delete a bad copy.

Hello Mark,

Cornerstone is our set of builders. It consists of the Content Builder, Header Builder, Footer Builder, and the Layout Builder. If you do not want to use Cornerstone, you can always opt not to use any of these builders. In creating your post or page, you can simply use the Gutenberg or WPBakery Page Builder.

If you save a page as a template, it should be available in Pro > Templates. It will only appear when you load a template into the page.

Or it will display in the “My Templates” tab:

The Content Builder will not delete any contents. Please point us to the page that you are experiencing this issue. If it is possible, provide us a screenshot of the old version and the screenshot of the changes that you have made to a page so that we will have an idea and figure out why it occurs because at the moment we cannot replicate the issue on our end or event in your site.

Best Regards.

I know how to make a page outside of cornerstone, thanks. And I am familiar with saving page templates in cornerstone. What I am saying is that on this new install cornerstone will not save this page as a template. It would be helpful if you read what I said before commenting with a unsatisfactory reply.

Hi Mark,

I have checked and can’t replicate the issue you are describing and found the Pages can be saved as templates as previous. Now it will be difficult to say anything without investigating your website by logging in. Can you please provide login credentials for your site on a secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Here is another example of cornerstone errors. First, I saved existing home page as template, and again it didn’t save although it said “template saved”. So I created a duplicate home page from the “clone existing” page instead:

1. Created CLONE of home page in cornerstone
  2. Page displays correctly live
  3. Page is not editable in cornerstone although it displays live. - this is what displays:
  4. “saved” template of original home page is not in templates.

Hi Mark,

It seems that this specific problem happens to your installation only, it will be very difficult to recognize the issue without investigating your website by logging in. I would request you share the login credentials for further support.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Sorry about the confusion, I have investigated the issue, at first I see the issue with regards to the Template not able to Load on a page. But not the issue with saving and updating the page (see the screencast below) that is when before I start investigating on the site so we never get the issue of the not saving changes.

Now, let’s go back to the template issue, like you said the template that saves did not show up on the dropdown. So I did reinstall PRO, as I suspect your PRO is not installed properly (for some reason), but after I reinstall PRO it did not resolve the issue immediately, I needed to do a couple of hard refreshes (crtl+f5) in the page builder before the template that I saved show up (https://prnt.sc/133p3um). With that, It seems caching is involve with the issue, probably a combination of caching, and a corrupted PRO install.

Do a hard refresh (crtl+f5) if you don’t see your changes in the Page Builder when you open it

Have you done a plugin conflict test before? I see you have a plugin Super Progressive Web Apps and it seems to have a persistent caching feature.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I sent a secure message no one responded too. If this can’t be resolved I will have to use some other theme, and will have to get a refund for this “pro” developer license I just paid for. I obviously can’t keep jumping through hoops here for something that is unusable, and if you guys can’t even fix it I guess it’s unfixable.

Hi Mark,

I’m sorry if you feel that way, we want to help you with this issue but there are things that we can not control.

In my experience, a weird issue like this, 90% of the time a caching is involved. I know you already tried to clear and deactivate your caching plugin (LiteSpeed Cache / W3 Total Cache), but we don’t know the server-side might have a caching feature of their own.

If you have time, please see my less than 2minutes screencast below, at 0:55sec mark you can see that the loading of the template issue is resolved after I hard reload (Ctrl + f5 on Windows and ⌘ + Shift + r on Mac) the builder.

Same thing on the 1:35 mark after I hard reload the builder the content shows up. This behavior is a good indication of a caching-related issue, we just don’t know where is this caching coming from.

Please do not use the secure note for replies, we can not follow the convo on the thread in that way.

There is a plugin called WP File Manager it can be use like an FTP.

Try doing the hard reload (Ctrl + f5 on Windows and ⌘ + Shift + r on Mac), please do that for now until we find what is causing the issue.

Thank you for understanding,

Reloading the page does not solve the missing cornerstone template problem. Also, if cornerstone is not saving page templates that is not a caching issue, I would think you would know that.

I clicked on the page Home Page draft FIVE times and still see nothing. Also, my “saved” template for home page still does not appear in the drop down box.

Also I see that the xpro included Under Construction plugin has been uninstalled and deactivated ( I ipreviously nstalled and activated). It can’t uninstall itself so you must have removed it. It would be nice if you informed me of that.

Now the testimonials page destroyed itself, you guys were the only ones that have access to it. What is going on with this garbage? One week later and the site is destroyed from your defective cornerstone and no one there can figure out why?

Hi Mark,

You can see on my screencast that I was able to saved a template named 05202021-home and was able to load it on a page named Test x test

I did deactivate Under Construction when I was testing it because I needed to see the site as not a login user. But I’m sure I activate it back after, maybe I forgot to enable it back, Sorry. But I’m 100% sure I did not uninstall it.

Nope, we did not touch anything that has something to do with the testimonial page, and the testimonial page looks fine on my end.

Can you try cloning the site on a different server (if possible) and let’s see if the issue persists. I am suspecting that there is an internal caching conflict going on.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.