Cornerstone crashing and causing unresponsive server

I’ve just updated to the latest X and Cornerstone. Creating a new page with Cornerstone causes a crash when placing an image or text on the page. It won’t save and then the whole website can’t be accessed for several minutes.

I have tried changing the memory limit in wp-config.php as suggested elsewhere. I have no other plugins on the site. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

  • FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hi there,

I just checked and I can’t reproduce any issues with cornerstone builder. Are you on shared hosting?

Would you mind providing a video recording on how to reproduce the issue? It works fine in all my tests.

Thanks!

Hi

I think it is a shared hosting package. We’ve had it for over a year but only just having this problem.

The steps that reproduce this consistently on my system are:

  1. Edit page with cornerstone
  2. Add an image to the page
  3. Press save

After a long pause, the “saved” message pops up. I try to load a preview of the page and I get "cannot load page because the server where the page is located is not responding. I then can’t access any of the website for around 10 minutes. When it comes back, the changes aren’t saved.

I’ll add a video link in the secure note.

Hi there,

Looks like random, or maybe depends on the resources available since it’s shared. Shared hosting shares same resources among other sites. The traffic and load of one could affect another, which explains sometimes it will work and sometimes not even loading at all.

I like to try increasing the memory limit but couldn’t do it, I can’t connect to your site’s FTP. How about CPanel login where file manager is available?

Thanks!

I haven’t described any random behaviour — for me this is consistent every single time since updating to the latest cornerstone.

Are you unable to reproduce the issues I show in the video? That happens every time.

I haven’t experienced the irregular issues you describe with shared hosting.

I already have the following in wp-config.php. Were you going to add anything different?

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have tried logging in to your FTP and it is not working. Please double check it. By the way, could you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, we should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

And also, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.