Cornerstone could Not load at all throwing an Error

Hi guys,

I just updated my Wordpress to 5.6 and my Cornerstone to 5.0.11 and I got the following error trying to edit ANY page with Cornerstone:

When I checked the PHP log I got the following errors:

[15-Jan-2021 12:27:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_assignments() on bool in /home/…/[…com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/fonts.php:59]

Stack trace:

#0 /home/…/[…com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287)]): x_google_font_assignments_original_header(Array)

#1 /home/…/[…com/wp-includes/plugin.php(212)]): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Array, Array)

#2 /home/…/[…com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/fonts.php(27)]): apply_filters(‘x_google_font_a…’, Array)

#3 /home/…/[…com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/fonts.php(83)]): x_google_fonts_queue()

#4 /home/…/[…com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287)]): x_google_fonts_queue_cached(’’)

#5 /home/…/[…com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311)]): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)

#6 /home/…/[…com/wp-includes/plugin.php(484)]): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)

#7 /home/…/[…com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/frontend/styles.php(101)]): do_action(‘x_before_head_c…’)

#8 /home/…/un in /home/…/[…com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/fonts.php] on line 59

Please help!

Hello @gdimitrova

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks!!!
I fixed the issue - it was related to a theme update.

Hi @gdimitrova,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.