Cornerstone Content not Appearing on Edit, only on one Page

Hey team,

I’m experiencing a problem where when I go to edit a specific page with Cornerstone none of the Cornerstone content appears within the Cornerstone Editor. I only see the Header and Footer. I have seen other posts about this and followed all of the suggestions within those posts. So far nothing has worked. Here is what I have tried.

• All errors and warnings within the console have been accounted for and are not the cause.
  • There is nothing in the server error logs
  • There are no plugin conflicts. I run the same plugins on the dev site and can see the Cornerstone content on edit on the dev site.
  • The PHP version (7.2.9) is not an issue. For one the dev site is running the same version with no problem, also our other pages on edit display the Cornerstone content
  • I have tested for JS/CSS customization
  • I am fairly confident it is not a permalink or caching issue because it is just on this page and no others
  • I have increased memory limit within wp-config.php
  • WP (5.5.3), X theme(7.2.3) and Cornerstone are all updated

The other note I made while reading through the forum was that content built with WP Block Editor will not show in the Cornerstone editor. But I can confirm that this page was built with Cornerstone and we were able to edit the content with Cornerstone last week.

I feel that I have covered all of my bases and am still at a loss, is there anything that I missed?

Please advise with your suggestion on how to move forward.

Hello, @iprdevelopers,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey Team,

Just a heads up I left the secure note. Want to make sure you get a notification for it.

Thanks

I checked your site Dashboard, It seems that the URLs are not fully replaced while moving the site from staging to productions and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] blocking to load builder preview.

Content Builder uses the site URL settings in Settings > General . The site URL must be the same as your WP dashboard URL. If you have a different URL, it will create issues and you won’t be able to use the Content Builder.

If it happens after migrating the site from the staging, please let me know how you made this migration. If it is a feature of your hosting service, I would request you to ask them to correct those URLs.

You can also try out this arcticle on how to update the URLs when you are moving the sites.

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General , WordPress Address and Site URL , including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Thank you for the information. I will speak to a colleague about the hosting service and our URLs.

However I signed in with the account we provided you and went to edit the Product page with Cornerstone and I did not see the same error in the console that you provided in your secure note. I will provide a screenshot of my console in a secure note. Could you tell me why you are seeing an error message that I am not?

Hey @iprdevelopers,

My colleague must have opened a page that’s being redirected and that can’t be opened in Cornerstone.

Would you mind providing the URL of the affected page also? And, if you can, it’s best that you copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot without the risk of breaking your site. Give us access like the live site.

Thanks.

Hey,

I’ll leave the url of the affected page in a secure note.

We have a dev site running but when editing the affected page (Product page) on dev, Cornerstone content does appear. So this is only a problem on live, and only on this one page. Do you think access to a dev site would help, given that fact? If so I can provide you with credentials

Hi @iprdevelopers,

There might be a different reason for corrupted content, and one of the major reasons is editing the page using default or block editor. Please remember that the content added through the Cornerstone or Content Builder is not editable in the Block or Gutenberg editor, and vice-versa.
If that is not the case, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, as asked by my colleague please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hey,

If you reference my original post you’ll see that I confirmed there was no evidence of issues caused by the list you provided. I can also confirm that it is not an issue of using Block or Gutenberg editors on Cornerstone content.

We recreated the dev site by copying over the live to it. Now the dev site Product page is not showing any Cornerstone content when trying to use the Cornerstone Editor, just as the live site isn’t. So I’ll provide you with the login credentials, the login page and the page in concern in a secure note.

Hello @iprdevelopers,

I have checked your page and there have been 116 revisions to the page.

You may have accidentally edited the page outside of Cornerstone which corrupted the cornerstone data.Be advised that editing outside of Cornerstone is not allowed. Any changes will not be saved in Cornerstone and may even break Cornerstone. Please revert to some of the revisions. If the data is corrupted, it is best that you recreate the page from scratch. That is the only easy way to edit the page again.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.