Cornerstone Conflict with Security Plugin

Hello I installed a security plugin that hides wordpress and rewrites the default paths. Everything worked fine except the fact I can no longer edit pages using Cornerstone nor can I access the options or content tabs from the Cornerstone launcher.

I am pretty sure this is a plugin conflict because everything in the theme works correctly. But I cannot seem to correct it and need help. I suspect the problem happens either due to the rewriting of the pathways or disabling a simple option in the security plugin (WP Hide). I was hoping I could get an experts opinion on how to fix this.

Thanks!

Hello @dreamcatch22,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I opened the couple of pages in Cornerstone and I see following error message on my browser console Mixed Content: The page at 'https://dreamscollective.com/x/#/content/6880' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://dreamscollective.com:8000/cornerstone-endpoint/'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

After that I tried deactivating Wp Hide plugin and Cornerstone is working fine (also mentioned by you). However, if I reactivate WP Hide plugin, I can see above error message showing up and Cornerstone not loading. Basically what that means is that you are loading the Cornerstone through HTTPS. On contrary it’s actually loading the HTTP version of page and thereby resulting in a mixed content problem that browser has blocked.

I noticed that the plugin is appending custom admin path https://dreamscollective.com/dc-admin-url_login/ and dc-admin_login.php. Under WP Hide > Admin can you please try replacing dc-admin_login.php with default WordPress admin path and see if that resolved the issue?

Please note that the problem is arising due to a third party plugin that is not supported by Themeco in that regards I also suggest you to get in touch with the plugin developer for possible resolution.

Thanks.

Thank you for the help. I restarted the plugin settings and worked backwards. The conflict was due to a setting where a trailing slash was added to the url. Interesting enough this broke the cornerstone path. You can close this issue.

Glad to hear that. Feel free to contact if you face further issues.

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.