Cornerstone changes

UpDated X and Cornerstone recently. Pretty significant changes. Unexpected and fairly intimidating.
Not only did the updates break my site, which has since been rectified, the changes in the page editor are somewhat confusing.
Did no one think it might be nice to give your customers a heads up as to the changes coming? Is there documentation that can explain these changes and how to use them? Can you please direct me to them and to any tutorials that might be available? And not beginners links. Specifically for the new changes just introduced in the last revision of cornerstone, please.
I notice that I cannot preview the pages in development without publishing the page to see it. Is this by design? This wastes so much time it is ridiculous. Am I missing something. Is there a way to see the page properly when you are developing an idea? It was working perfectly previously. Why break something that was working?
This ois all very frustrating and confusing. Any clarification you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
John

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in! Before we release a feature, we based the new features from user’s requests which they have voted on. During beta stage, we post bits and pieces about the feature in our blog or in the X Theme Users Facebook Group. When we release the new updates, we also have a changelog which would list down all the bug fixes, new features and updates. You can always check out changelogs here: https://theme.co/changelog/

We also always recommend to have a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

And by the way,are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like Autoptimize, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps.

I am already speaking to you on this and another thread and you either can;t or won;t answer my questions. If this is the case can you please transfer my ticket to someone who will?

Thanks for the link to the changelog but that only tells me what has been changed and not how to utilize the changes. Is there no documentation or tutorials on how to use the new features?

I am already using a staging site and that does not answer any of my questions.

I am NOT using ANY cache plugins so that is irrelevant to the issues.

And the only specific question, that you completely ignored is the fact that I now cannot see the page WITHIN Cornerstone, formated with the code. I have to save the page and then open the site to see the results. The text is simply a block of text with no breaks or paragraphs or anything. When I choose the T (wysiwyg) I see line breaks and paragraphs in a tiny box that does not seem to be expanded full screen, but much formatting is not being displayed. Is this by design? It worked fine before the ‘upgrade’. This is horrible. an you please respond to ALL of these concerns please.
John

@RueNel answered your first question.

Check out the Elements - New section in our Knowledge Base.

No, but this could happen if you’re in a web host that has built-in caching like Pantheon.io. Hosts differ in their caching setup so this does not happen in other hosts. You could also try saving as draft.

There are bugs. But not everything is caused by X and Cornerstone. That is why we have an article on best practices in updating your theme and plugins. That is true for every WordPress setup using a feature rich theme and plugins.

If you’re in the HTML mode, the HTML code is minified. That has performance benefit to it and added to that, you have more control as you can add a class to your text for CSS targeting if you know CSS.

If you don’t want to see the code version of your Rich Text, simply switch to Rich Text mode.

The text box has already been expanded in the latest version of Cornerstone. You can see that in action in this video. Please also ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.