Cornerstone causing fatal error on Wordpress log in

I am not able to login to my Wordpress site as I normally do with the /wp-admin URL. I received email from WP
with this message.

Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Cornerstone.

I called my hosting company, Host Gator and they disabled Cornerstone plugin. Then I was able to log into site and update Xtheme to 8.3.3 latest version, then reactivated plugin, but still getting an error message.

Now seems like WP automatically deactivated Cornerstone plugin and I can log in. It in recovery mode.

Using WP 5.7.1

What do I need to do to correct this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for writing in, can you tell us which of your site is having the issue? And please provide us login credentials on a secure note so we can take a closer look.

When you update X to 8.3.3 did you update the Cornerstone to 5.3.3 as well? And please upgrade your PHP version to 7.4 this should avoid the potential issues.

Cheers,

Hello Carlos,

It seems that there is a fatal error that could be caused between Cornerstone and your PHP version. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.3.3
  • Cornerstone 5.3.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

> Check your site health in Tools > Site Health for any performances issues.

If still not working, provide us FTP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Ruenel,

I tried updating the php to the 7.4 and it crashed my website. I had to roll it back. I can update it later tonight at 9 pm EST to make sure my site is not down. We provide B2B solutions.

Xtheme is updated to 8.3.3
Cornerstone is updated to 5.3.3
WP is updated to 5.7.

I gave you the WP user credentials previously.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Hi Carlos,

I suggest that you added your FTP credentials in the secure note so that we can troubleshoot your issue.

Thank you.

The issue/error messages are gone! I can log in normally. Thank you.

You are welcome @carlosgarciamiami

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.