Cornerstone - can't validate

Hi,

I just purchased X Theme and validated the license. When I click on Cornerstone from the Wordpress dashboard, it says:

You’re almost finished!

Great to see you’re using Cornerstone with X, but it is ​not validated. Once X is validated, Cornerstone will automatically be validated as well. You’ll also have instant access to support, automatic updates, custom templates, and more.

CLICK HERE TO VALIDATE

When I click the “Click here to validate” button, it just takes me back to the X page, which shows that the X license is definitely validated and updated to the latest version. How can I validate Cornerstone?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! When you install X theme and you have successfully validated the X theme, Cornerstone will automatically gets validated as well. It will not ask you to validated anymore. If Cornerstone is asking you, it could be that you have uploaded the wrong zip file. Please keep in mind that we you install X, you are supposed to upload the x.zip file. If you have uploaded other file like x_package.zip, then this will result to the issue where you are facing right now. Please check out that you have installed X correctly. It should be in this folder location: wp-content/theme/x/ and not wp-content/theme/othernames/x/.

To resolve this, I would recommend that you deactivate X and delete it completely. You may not be able to delete it in Appearance > Themes in most cases. You will have to login to your ftp and manually delete the folder. You can then download a fresh copy from the dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and install it again.

Please let us know how it goes.