Cornerstone can't find home page

I am using the x-theme. I installed the ICON News theme from Design Cloud. The only place I see the home page is when I go to Appearance->Customize. I cannot see the home page, anyplace else i.e. not in the pages section, not in the templates section. When I open Cornerstone I cannot find this page to edit.

Hi William,

Thanks for reaching out.

The default homepage for ICON News from Design Cloud is the blog and there’s no specific page to edit it because it is already templated while using the ICON News template. If you want to create a new homepage then you need to assign the homepage in Setting > Readings.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am ot sure I understand your answer so I will study it and try to figure it out.

However, your listing looks nothing like my home pag

e so I am not sure we are talking about the same thing

I uploaded jpg files to show you my home page
Thank you again

Hi William,

It seems that your home pages showing the posts lists it happen when you didn’t set the static home page till now, if you want any page that to be shown as Home page, please follow the suggestion given by my colleague in his post. Once you set the page as Static Home Page, you can find that page marked as Front Page on the page list and can be easily recognized.
If that is not the case, and you are trying to point out something else, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Got it. Thank you very much.

Hi William,

Glad to help you. Have a nice day.

Thanks

I saved everyhing, logged off, came back and am having a problem.
After importing the ICON News theme into my x-theme, I had changed the name of the ICON Sample Page to “Welcome” in the Pages section of my Dashboard.
In “Settings–>Reading–>Your homepage displays”, I selected Static Page and the page is Welcome. In the pages section, the name is displayed as “Welcome --Posts Page”. I expected this to say “Front”.
When I go to Cornerstone, it cannot see this page. I have searched the Forum but cannot find anything. I have also googled this with no luck.
I would appreciate any help you could give me to figure out how to get this page into Cornerstone.
Thank you
Bill

Hi William,

To better help you with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello Bill,

You cannot use the same page as your Homepage and your Posts Page. It must be two different pages. I went ahead and created a new “Blog” page which will be exclusively for your Posts Page. And then the page assignments should be this:

With this setup, you can edit the Welcome page in Cornerstone. The Blog page on the other cannot be edited in Cornerstone because WordPress will discard any page content and will dynamically generate post items for the blog index or Posts page.

By the way, the Icon News demo is just using Latest Post.

which means that you cannot edit the index page of the Icon News demo content in Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for doing this.
Your explanation has cleared up a lot for me.
Thank you again
Bill

You’re welcome Bill!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.