Cornerstone cannot save any changes

Hi there!

I made new website on my local test server and I migrated it from my local to the online server.
Then, when I tried to make some changes on the server, but I couldn’t.

Yes, on my local test server, it went well. But, on the server, it went wrong.

According to Developer Tools of Chrome, I found 2 errors;

  1. Uncaught TypeErrors : $ is not a function at cornerstone_preview=1:331
  2. cornerstone_endpoint 500 Internal Server Error

On the same online server, I had installed X version.4 before and it went well.

Any solutions?

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi Joao

Thank you for your reply. These are the infos you requested. See secure note.

Hi There,

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Probable causes of that are incorrect WordPress files and folder permission and server resource limitations.

Please see http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-fix-file-and-folder-permissions-error-in-wordpress/1 to check if you have correct permissions.

And, contact your host they can look on the log file and see what is causing the error.

Thanks,

Thanks, @friech

Now I’ve just fixed the permission via FTP client, but in vain.
The same problem has occurred.

Perhaps, the server settings may cause this problem.
But, I have a question for this.

Previous version of X and cornerstone worked fine.
Hence, some big changes, especially in saving process, in latest version of X and cornerstone were made, I thought.
Wasn’t it?

Cheers;

Hi there,

Yes, there are changes between the old and new version of the Cornerstone.

Please consider that 500 Internal Server error can be thrown from different possible reasons and it is not possible for us to pinpoint the problem.

You need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to check the Error Log and give the error message there which will be specific and lead us to the problem cause.

Thank you.

Hi!

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
I will contact to my hosting-service provider.

When I get an info to solve this problem, I will try.

Thank you.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: