Cornerstone cannot open page editor

on my www.webdesinz.com website I cant edit my X version 9.1.4. theme website because Cornerstone page editor will not open. Please advise how to fix. The WordPress Page Builder Corner stone is Version 6.1.4

Hello @GillianRose,

Thanks for writing in! You may be experiencing a caching issue because your are using the SiteGround optimizer plugin. Kindly clear your plugin caches and test the site again. You may also do the following troubleshooting:

If that does not work, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Gillian,

Please deactivate all the X add ons that you have installed and are active. They are already deprecated. You must install the new and improve versions instead. Please check out the version compatibility here:

And by the way, please deactivate the SiteGround Optimizer plugin. Caching and any optimizing plugin are best to turn ON when you are done building the site and ready to launch the website live.

Best Regards.

Many thanks for your quick reply. Sorry you didn’t say whether to delete all those x addon plugins. you only said deactivate. I only deactivated so far. Then I downloaded the latest x theme from my ThemeForest dashboard, but it turns out its the same version I already have. Should I have downloaded the All Files, not just installable file? Anyway, I cleared the cornerstone cache and deactivated sg optimiser, Could not find a Cloud Flare to clear. Thus:
Still have a broken page editor. In cornerstone editor when editing a page, I cannot scroll down the page. the scrollbar is disabled.
The cornerstone is still corrupted. with no ability to scroll. and an error message saying ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key,
It looks like I shall have to rebuild my website in another theme.

Hello Gillian,

I checked your site it seems that the page builder is working fine at my end and it has been validated as well. It might be the issue of the browser cache, I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again. I have tested it in the Google Chrome browser version 103.0.5060.134. Please let us know which browser you are using and the version of the browser.

Thanks

HI thanks for your reply and help. I confirm I have cleared browser caches. Still no change in the editing fail, still the error message in red.

I have the latest chrome, firefox, firefox developer, edge

Chrome is up to date

Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

but all of them have a corrupted the scroll function from the browser.

If I log in ordinary pages mode without using cornerstone, I can scroll with scrollbar just fine while editing a page. but it will not save on the real site.

Let me elucidate further’; there is a horizontal two way arrow appearing in place of the normal single mouse scroll icon which makes it impossible for me to navigate through the page in order to edit it. and the red text error message is still there. I have taken a photo of it

Hello Gillian,

Can you please create a video screencast so that we will have an idea of what you are seeing in your device screen? In the meantime, please check the secure note below to see what I am seeing on my screen which is showing without any issues.

• See the secure note for the video

Best Regards.

sorry I have no idea how to do a screencast. in my photopic, the two way arrow function I have been stuck with, can only grab the content boxes on screen, to make them wider or narrower, not scroll up and down as normal. I can only reiterate, I have no scroll bar in cornerstone, I only have sideways drag in or out, to make screen wider or narrower, which you do on the very outside edge of browser window. I prefer to use my mouse to scroll the editing page, but luckily at least I have keyboard buttons for going up and down, and I can use those to get to the bottom of the page. So if it doesn’t happen for you when you log in to my wp admin, then I am stumped as to why it happens for me, as it is happening nowhere else but cornerstone.
its not going to be satisfactory in the long term. Maybe in the next theme update you will fixx the problem.
By the way I have lost some content from home page, the 1 million users counter is broken, if it cant be fixed I will delete it.

so the entire scroll bar function has been taken over to fulfil function of side ways drag

Hi Gillian,

I have checked your website Page Builder and it worked perfectly fine and shows the updated values to the frontend perfectly. The issue with the mouse pointer in the Page Builder is an ongoing issue with the latest version of the theme, and fixed in the upcoming release.

Thanks

thanks! you finally pinned it down, and found it was a fault issue. thanks for your help. I look forward to next version. Cheers

Hi Gillian,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.