Cornerstone Bugs in update to Version: 5.2.0

Hi,

I’ve updated a site to Version: 5.2.0. Unfortunately I’m having a few issues with the new incredibly difficult to use and overly complicated Cornerstone.

Firstly, and the most frustrating is the save button keeps disabling, after dropping an element and configuring it the save button stops being clickable, meaning a page refresh and losing all the options I’ve been forced to fill in. This has happened several times when I’ve removed an element or tried to add a new map or an old one.

The new map element wont resize. It’s set to be 100% in a single column but is displaying as 500rem. Changing the size to any value (px, rem etc) is ignored and it stays at 500rem. Update this was me misunderstanding the new options. You have to set the width and the max width. So if you want something 100% you have to make sure both boxes are set to 100%

I tried to replace it with the old style map but cant get passed the save disabling. Having these issues in Safari 11.0 in Mac OS High Sierra.

I’ve been using this more throughout the evening, I was hoping to get a site finished tonight but now everything takes longer trying to find out why things aren’t working since your update. After a couple of hours this is what I’ve come across:

  • If you try and edit a page which has been created in a previous version of Cornerstone it will reformat ALL the text on the page, removing any paragraphs and leaving you with one massive text block. So you have to redo the whole page, if you want to just make a simple edit to the page.
  • Creating new pages will often lead to the shortcodes being rendered on a page rather than the content. After creating a page and adding all the content I now have “[cs_element_column _id=“11”][cs_element_headline _id=“12”][cs_element_text _id=“13”][/cs_element_column]” rather than any content.
  • On my Mac the new text box is tiny and the toolbar disappears off the top of the browser window, so you cant access any of it.
  • The new map element has no option for markers.
  • The Grid no longer works with Cornerstone. Loading pages with old grids just leaves a space where the grid was and if you save the page it will revert the grid selected to the newest grid, rather than what was originally selected. Dragging a new Classic The Grid element onto a page lets you configure it, but it then disappears. It’s accessible from skeleton mode but not from Cornerstone.
1 Like

Same here too. I reverted to the stable version of the theme and plugin

Would you mind providing us with login credentials in a secure note? I’d like to take a closer look at what’s going on here. Thanks!

Hi Alexander,

Hopefully I’ve added that note correctly. Would like to apologise as my original posts where me being a bit grumpy, and in hindsight it’s my own fault for updating everything without reading that it was so big and update.

The shortcode being rendered on the page rather than the content is really prevalent on this site. It took me four hours to make http://winsor.co.uk/stockholm-living-dining/ last night as every time I’d save the content and then view it all i’d see was shortcode, or not what was being shown in Cornerstone.

No problem! Thanks for being understanding. I checked your site and don’t see any broken pages, but if you have any pages that still show the shortcodes after updating, just go to each of them and re-save the page. This will regenerate the shortcode layout properly.

Yes, the new map element doesn’t support markers. We may add this in the future, but all V2 elements need to work in Pro’s header and footer builder which doesn’t have a way to add child elements yet (the markers).

We’re working towards a solution for the small text box for an upcoming release.

As for the grid, regretfully this is something that will need to be addressed in an update by the plugin developer. It will still work on the front end, but the preview isn’t working.