Cornerstone Bug - Throws up Woocommerce Error

Hello,

I am getting a random woocommerce error message and I think the culprit might be these latest updates. I have debugged a lot and have narrowed it down to a Cornerstone bug.

On my shop page, woocommerce keeps throwing up the error “Trying to upload files larger than 32m is not allowed!” It is randomly shown and I’m not sure what is happening. I also see the error when I use a certain short code (3rd party plugin) in the backend. I have confirmed with all the other developers from all 3rd parties that this is coming from cornerstone or X theme.

The problem only disappears if I deactivate Cornerstone (which breaks my site due to X theme being dependent on it).

Hello Jawad,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of PHP Memory Limit Error so you need to increase the Maximum Upload and PHP Memory Limit.

I recommend the following troubleshooting.

1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult to your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

If it doesn’t work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please note that if we find any issue in our Cornerstone page builder. The issue will be added in our issue tracker for further investigation by our developement. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks for understanding

I tried all of this and still no luck. Adding a secure note with more information.

Hello Jawad,

I have logged in and created a test page. Cornerstone is working as expected. The issue is coming from the 3rd party plugin, WooCommerce Appointments. Even if your file upload limit was already increased, it keeps generating an error message.

We highly recommend that you contact the creators of this plugin and ask for further assistance regarding this error message.

Thank you for your understanding.

As I mentioned previously, I did get in contact with the 3rd party developer. The plugin works perfectly with all other themes. It only displays the error when I am using X theme & Cornerstone.

3rd party plugin, WooCommerce Appointments is not a small operation. They have been developing their plugin for quite some time. Everything worked until the recent X theme & cornerstone updates. The developer of woocommerce appointments pinpointed the problem with Cornerstone.

I will reach out to them again, but have to admit that I’m disappointed with the quality of support service.

Hello Jawad,

I’ve submitted this issue with the WooCommerce Appointments plugin to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ve found a fix, a patch update shall be rolled out.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.