Cornerstone Broken by Fatal Error

Good afternoon,

I am facing an odd issue on my site: http://wordpress-85748-402823.cloudwaysapps.com.

Everything was working fine, and then suddenly I could not load any pages in Pro to make edits. It seems Cornerstone is no longer active? I am receiving this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base in /home/113439-85748.cloudwaysapps.com/cjuejsgssk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6.

I went ahead and followed the steps in a thread recommending I delete the plugin via WP, delete the file folder via FTP, and reinstall the plugin via WP… but am receiving the same error. I reach out to Coudways and they suggested I reach out to you.

Please assist, as I have some edits I desperately need to upload prior to a meeting with the client tomorrow.

Thank you,
J

Hello @weatherstone,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As you have already tried deleting Cornerstone, can you please share website URL, WP login and FTP login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Of course! Please find the credentials you seek in a secure note below:

Hi There,

Your issue is that Pro does not require Cornerstone plugin as it comes with Cornerstone functionality integrated into the theme. So if you activate Cornerstone plugin, it will throw an error. I have deleted your Cornerstone plugin to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am not certain that this is resolved…

I am using Pro on several sites, and have blazing fast internet with my fancy little Nighthawk setup. Every other X and Pro website I maintain is loading perfectly.

Any page I try to edit with Pro on this particular site will only load the header and footer. Here is a screenshot of the Tours page as an example: https://prnt.sc/ihxbew. While facing this issue, I have no problem pulling up other sites and editing with Pro. Please advise as I desperately need to make some edits I have drawn up before I meet with this client in a few hours.

Thank you,
J

Hi J,

I just checked the Tours page of your site and other pages and they seem to load find in Pro editor.

Are you still having this issue? If so, kindly try to clear your cache or load the site using another browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Hello,

I think the issue here was a plugin! I am back in and happily making edits. :slight_smile:

Josh

Glad to hear that, Josh. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.