Cornerstone breaking with Insert Pages plugin

There seems to be a problem with https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-pages/ and the newest X theme update.

Without Insert Pages widget on footer:

https://snag.gy/CzEy45.jpg

With Insert Pages widget on footer:

https://snag.gy/UtjMJw.jpg

Preview seems to load fine while on x/#/options with widget enabled.

I’ve tried with the new Insert Pages update (which broke it’s “Display Template” feature with x-theme after update) and the previous version which worked flawlessly before X theme’s update and they both warp up the site.

Hi There,

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

No problem, I simply deactivate it when using cornerstone.

The issue looks awful similar to several other users tho.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that we have release X 5.2.2 and Cornerstone 2.1.2. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

It fixed the issue. This particular plugin now works without breaking cornerstone. Cheers.

Hey There,

It’s good to know that it has been resolved. Please also be advised that Cornerstone has release a new update. Cornerstone 2.1.3 is now available.

Cheers.

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I figured you might be able to help me if you got this working.

I was curious as to whether you were using X Theme or Pro with Insert Pages. I started developing a site on the new version today, and I usually use Insert Pages for more complex Footers or for sections that are repeated across multiple pages so I only need to make a change in one place and it reflects that everywhere.

However, when I try to do that today it’s not working at all and doing odd things.

This is how the page I made for the footer should look:

However, once inserted into my home page I get this:

It looks like it’s duplicating the background from Section 1 and none of my content is there aside from some broken Cornerstone code.

So I decided to check that the page was creating and I think I may have found the issue, If you take a look at the Cornerstone code for a page I have Inserted into other from an existing site I have. it looks like this (X pro v1.1.1):

I can see the actual content of the elements here. For example, the Custom Headline at the very bottom there. I can see the settings and the Text “Rewards Club” itself.

For reference the above page looks like this:

And here it is inserted into the homepage of the site:

Now if I take a look at the Cornerstone code for the site I was working on today, it looks like this (X pro v1.2.3):

I notice there is no “content” in the code. Just IDs. I’m assuming this is one of the changes brought with the new page builder? As such It looks like if I use insert pages it just looks for ’ cs_element_section _id=“1” ’ and pulls the data from section one of the page I am viewing, not the page I am pulling from.

Is this correct? Is this how the cs code should look? I’m trying to figure out if I’m doing something wrong or if everything has changed so much that it’s now impossible to embed another cornerstone page.

This has a far reaching effect on our business as we’ve been using this method across dozens of sites without issue since X Theme first launched the Cornerstone builder. For example, the existing inserted page I showed above is inserted into every page of the site so that if they change the content it’s changes on 50+ pages from just one change. If this stops working I’ll have to edit 50+ pages each time something changes.

I’m concerned this new update has changed so much that I’m going to be facing so many broken sections of sites if I update any of our existing ones.

Hi there,

That is correct. In the new implementation, it retrieves the information using the ID. Please kindly consider that the whole under the hood methods of the Cornerstone and Pro Editor is changed now and it moved from backbone to ember.

This helped us to introduce the V2 elements which will be the building blocks of the new system. Kindly read more about the functional changes here:

https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-x-5-2-0

Having said that, there is an active development of a templating feature which you can use for the websites which do have lots of pages. For more information:

Also if you use Pro, you do not need to use the plugin you have mentioned, as you can simply create a header/footer and assign it to multiple pages:

If you have more input regarding this kindly open up a new thread to make the request clean and help us better serve you.

Thank you.