Cornerstone breaking site when pushed live from staging

I used staging (on A2 Hosting) for one of my sites to update it. It updated perfectly! Then I pushed to live and my live site crashed and burned. I got an Internal Server Error 500. Thankfully my host has a great crew and they were on it, but what they found is that Cornerstone has an issue when it goes from staging to live. The site would load as long as Cornerstone was disabled, but with all the shortcodes. I had to delete Cornerstone and let X auto re-install it and the site was fine then. A2 and myself aren’t sure what’s up with Cornerstone when it goes from staging to live, but I thought you all should be aware of the issue.

Hi @Jen_Johnston, Thanks for letting us know. A 500 error is indicative of a fatal PHP error. Do you have any logs from your host that show what error was happening? Or would you be able to enabled WP_DEBUG to find out? (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG)

There is a confirmed bug where a fatal error occurs in the dashboard if you’re using a really old version of PHP. This will be fixed in an update later today, but we would recommend checking to make sure you’re on at least PHP version 5.6

I’ve fixed the site already. I’m running php 7.1 on my server so I know it’s not from using old php. I wanted you folks to know that there’s something up with Cornerstone and pushing to live from staging.

Edit to add:
I just asked if they have the log I could give you. When I hear back, I’ll let you know.

@Jen_Johnston

Thanks for sharing that. It’s actually a different log (not PHP output) so unfortunately there’s not much we can tell from it. Could you send me FTP and WordPress credentials (in a secure note)? I can take a closer look that way. Thanks!