Cornerstone and Essential Grid

Hi there, I had some problems a few weeks ago with Essential Grid not opening pages on which the grid was part of, the fault of which seemed to be with the number of items in the grid and the hosting. But there seems to be a conflict between Essential Grid and Cornerstone. I cannot edit any grid when Cornerstone is on or open any page that has a grid on it. But when I turn off Cornerstone, Essential Grid works as normal. I wonder if you can help. Sorry for bring up the same topic again.
best,
Greg

Hello Gregory,

Thanks for writing in! I cannot replicate the issue on my local testing server. To better assist you with this issue, please provide us access to your site so we can check your site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Greg,

I have logged in and checked your site. I still cannot replicate the issue.

• See the secure notes below.

Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. if you try and open an existing grid, it gets stuck on please wait. It works normally when Cornerstone is deactivated though. Same with pages that have a grid on them. They won’t open when Cornerstone is activated. best, Greg

Hello Gregory,

I have tested a few of the grids. That is why I was able to take a screenshot with the “Dark Post Grid”. Can you please send us which grid you were trying to edit and encounter the issue?

Best Regards.

Hi there, The Kassandra and Axis grids are examples of ones that don’t work when Cornerstone is activated. best,
Greg

Hey Gregory,

I checked your Copy of Axis 6 and Abridged 0–58: Kassandra essential grid, and then I could open them both without any issues. Please try clearing your browser cache or use incognito mode when accessing your website.

Hope that helps.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. Great that the Kassandra Grid opened. However it only works on the page it is embedded in when Cornerstone is deactivated. Abridged 0 - 58: Kassandra is the name of the page. best, Greg

Hey Gregory,

Upon checking on the Kassandra page it gives a 500 internal server error and when I open the page in the Cornerstone, there are no data for the Kassandra page. I highly suggest reaching out to your hosting provider for further assistance regarding the error.

Thank you.

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. The grid and page works normally when Cornerstone isn’t activated though. I’m wondering if that doesn’t suggest a problem with Cornerstone? Best, Greg

Hey Gregory,

Essential Grid and Cornerstone work fine on many servers I’ve tested. That means Cornerstone is not the problem. The problem here is most likely your web host couldn’t handle running Essential Grid and Cornerstone. Please have the web host support do:

1. Check the server error logs
  2. If the logs shows the server is the problem, your web host must fix it. One example of this is memory exhaustion in which case, your web host must increase the memory limit.
  3. If the error logs points to Cornerstone and/or Essential Grid, please show a screen shot of copy and paste the message in a Secure Note

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.