Cornerstone affecting wordpress site

Hi all
Unfortunately have discovered that of all plugins / extensions, Cornerstone is affecting my WP negatively, and had to be disabled.
Has there been an update / do I need to re-install?

www.superlatte.co.za

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Would you mind providing more information of how cornerstone is affecting your site negatively? It’s a builder and it only loads as a builder, it doesn’t load when it’s not needed like in the live page. But yes, some asset will be loaded since styling is required.

Thanks!

Hi, if it’s activated as a plugin, then the site does not load at all - just a white screen. Once the cornerstone plugin is deactivated, the site works again, but content of course does not display correctly.

as a further note, when the cornerstone plugin is active, I cannot even access wp admin panel. my hosting provider, go daddy, systematically tested all my plugins (on. and off) and it’s 100% the cornerstone plugin which completely brings the site down, and leaves me with no way to access admin.

su> perlatte.co.za is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Hello @polycopy,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Can you please try to completely deactivate and delete Cornerstone from Plugins > Installed Plugins. After that please login to FTP using softwares like FileZilla and under /wp-content/plugins/ directory make sure to delete Cornerstone folder.

Next, please visit X > Validation and doing so will automatically install most recent version of Cornerstone and see how it goes, wether or not doing so resolves the error message you are getting.

In case issues is not resolved, please try increasing memory limit. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard along with FTP login details using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you!

Ok, so the latest version of cornerstone is installed. Site is functioning again - as in, content loads which is a great relief.

BUT cornerstone itself doesn’t work. I get an error message when trying to edit content in cornerstone:

The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Any ideas?

Hey @polycopy,

There’s an error in the console which is coming from the Global JS because you have inserted CSS code there. Here’s your CSS.

.x-navbar {
background-color: #000000;}
.x-topbar {
background-color: #000000;}

That did not solve the issue but the error in the console is gone now.

What I discovered next is the 2 x directory in the URL which is unusual.

I’d tried to login using your FTP credentials to check further but they don’t work. Please give us the correct credentials. Also, we could need to deactivate all the third party plugins while we are troubleshooting to ensure there’s no conflict.

Thanks.

Hi there
Godaddy has advised new SFTP credentials.

I have 1) deleted cornerstone from plugins via DTP
2) validated theme x, which re-installed cornerstone.

cornerstone still does not behave properly - I cannot edit any of my content.

Hello @polycopy,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It looks like a plugin conflict issue. I deactivated all the plugins and then cleared cache. After that I opened few pages in Cornerstone and it seems to working fine now. Please see screenshot. https://cl.ly/1d140W0P3X2S

As it’s a live website I have re-activated all the plugin. I suggest you to please deactivate one plugin at a time to narrow it down. Kindly make sure to clear site cache.

Thanks.

Hi there, thanks!

So, the problem plugin is woocommerce, but all I have to work with is this notice which indicated an issue with theme X - how can I go about fixing?

Your theme (X) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.

Hi @polycopy

I can see that with only WooCommerce and Cornerstone plugins activated, the preview isn’t loading as well, however, I don’t believe it’s something related to the outdated WooCommerce templates files, as I’ve hidden these files via FTP (by adding . before every file name) so this issue now doesn’t exist but the preview isn’t working either.

Since these files are very old and they didn’t get removed with a theme update, I wonder if there were other files didn’t get removed a well, that could be causing a problem, I recommend deleting the theme folder via FTP then reinstall it again and recheck this issue.

Keep us updated,
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.