Cornerstone Activation Leads to Fatal Error with X Theme

Site is portersoutdoors.com.

I’ve been unable to active and use Cornerstone. Site is running X theme. Latest version of Wordpress installed. All plugins deactivated to check for conflict. Running PHP 7.4. Still no luck. Error message is below:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error .
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method ReflectionType::getName() in /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php:55 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->Themeco\Cornerstone\Util{closure}(Object(ReflectionParameter)) #1 /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php(63): array_map(Object(Closure), Array) #2 /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(111): Themeco\Cornerstone\Util\IocContainer->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #3 /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(100): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->resolve(‘Themeco\Corners…’) #4 /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php(66): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plugin->setup_services(‘preinit’) #5 /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/boot.php(21): Themeco\Cornerstone\Plug in /home/porter10/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Util/IocContainer.php on line 55

Hello @stuartrowens,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that all are up to date. The latest available and supported versions are:

• X Theme 9.1.4
  • Cornerstone 6.1.4
  • WP 6.0
  • PHP 7.4

If you have installed the X Addons, please make sure that they are up to date as well. You can check out the latest versions here:

If nothing is helping, please provide us access to your site so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks. All of those things are up to date. I have attached a secure note to the initial post.

Hi @stuartrowens,

The issue specified in your post mostly happen due to the PHP version. I have checked the Tools > Site Health of your website and found that the PHP version installed in your server is 7.0.33. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider and update it to 7.4 and check if that resolves your issue.

If not, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel credential to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

That resolved the issue, thank you. I misread my PHP version so thanks for catching that.

Hey @stuartrowens,

Great and you’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.