Cornerstone “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” Staging

I recently created a staging site for the re-design of my personal website and yesterday I was editing content on it with Cornerstone just fine. Then today when I logged on to make some changes I was greeted with this error “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”
I’ve never had this issue before and I didn’t do any types of changes outside of text and images on my site. No new plugins or anything like that. I can’t edit content for any of the pages on my staging site now. Just to clarify, I can edit the content on my live site just fine.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! You need to properly migrate your site, in-order to function Cornerstone. Please review our migration guide.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-migration/126

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi there,

I wondered if OP managed to resolve this issue? I am getting the exact same error, however my staging area was created automatically by my hosts (siteground) so I have no option to use the migration guide linked to make changes.

The site works perfectly however it’s just the Cornerstone page editor that will not load and I get the same error as OP

1 Like

Hi There,

This can be caused by multiple factors, namely syntax errors in custom coding, aggressive caching and finally security rules. it is known that Siteground block the required resources from being loaded, you’ll need to contact Siteground and ask them to exclude the resources from their mod_security rules.

Also navigate to Settings > General and make sure the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) is the staging URL.

Thanks,

Which “required resources” does Siteground block? I’m having similar problems and I’d like to be able to tell them specifically what is required. I do know that on Siteground staging sites the web url and wordpress url are the original live site URL and the staging site has “staging.” as a subdomain.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

There a lot of resources and the blocked assets varies from site to site so we cant really provide an exact list. But they should have the list of what’s being blocked, if the file is pointing to X/Pro/Cornerstone then it’s the asset that is being blocked.

Though maybe it’s different in your case, maybe it’s not due to security. It still best if we could check it and gather information, would you mind starting a new topic about this and provide your admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

No the problem was never resolved… unfortunately it seems siteground’s staging site creates a conflict with cornerstone. I have the exact same issue with my staging site because of siteground. So unfortunately, I deleted the staging site and had to make all changes live…

1 Like

Hey there,

That could be due to the security but it’s good to know that you’ve sorted it out.

Have a nice day!

Same issue here. Also, OP having to delete their install and abandon their staging environment seems a very problematic solution, especially with X/Pro being promoted as a framework.

Hi There,

This is a known issue. Unfortunately, the issue is on SiteGround’s site as their staging uses the live domain unlike other hosting providers.

@ashearer @jarnoldcs were you able to resolve the conflict issue with Cornerstone on SiteGround staging? FYI, I am having the same or similar issue. I am able to edit in Cornerstone if I update wp-config.php to direct WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL to the staging site subdomain, but then I cannot access the staging site itself (I get “too many redirects” error even after clearing browser cache). So i suppose one workaround would be to install the augmented wp-config file before you edit via Cornerstone, and then change wp-config back to its original state when you want to access the site itself. Please let me know if you have found a better solution. Thx.

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing this information. This is a good resource as a workaround in most users using SiteGround. As of the moment our developers is also looking for ways to have something that could counter Site Ground’s settings to be able to avoid any issues such as this.

Best Regards.