Cornerstone „A conflict on the front end ... loading“

Hi, I recently switched from X to Pro and started to build. Cornerstone works fine for content, but not for headers and footers.

"A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”
But only in headers and footers section.

After reading all the other support entrys with the same issue:

  • I cleaned the cache
  • have 512 php memory
  • I deactivated 90% of my plugins except „Yoast“, „Envira Gallery“ and your „Under Construction“
  • the https URL is everywhere

As I said, I can create pages and work with „Pro-Cornerstone“, but no headers and footers.
Thx for help

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and carefully investigated the issue. It seems that the preview area is not loading. It seems that the preview is timed out. Could you please reinstall Pro theme? You can download the latest zip file from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/licenses). You will have to login to your ftp and manually upload and overwrite the files in the pro folder.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,
unfortunately not. I overwrote the files as well I killed the folder and upload it again.
The Content section is still working fine, but not Headers and Footers.

Hi there,

It’s because of the custom templates in your child theme, activating the parent theme fixes the issue. Please remove the header/footer related templates but make sure to back it up.

Thanks!

Sorry, but this isn’t working properly. The footer.php and header.php in the pro-child folder is empty, except some svg-stuff. Cornerstone is running now. But: when I select a header or footer from the template area (maybe standard middle) it shows me how it would look like. After clicking the “edit” button I just see the content-area of my site without a possibility to edit or see the header or footer. That makes no sense to me.
And now there is another error in cornerstone for the content-editor.
The cornerstone in “header footer” is working (a bit), but now “content” isn’t working anymore. I don’t know what else I should reduce, deactivate or delete that this thing is running properly…

Hi there,

Try installing a fresh child theme, even if it’s empty or with some SVG customization, it may still not load if the structure is not properly added. I checked it again and confirm that it’s working with parent theme, not with the child theme.

You may also provide your FTP login credentials then I’ll check what you have in your child theme.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. Finally I got a result. I killed everything and started from the beginning. The child-theme must be import via the wordpress theme section. It wasn’t working with just an upload via FTP.

Now I have another question to Pro and I don’t know if I need to start another topic for this.

Footer and Header are not responsive. Content yes, but not the footer and the header. The single containers are not below the other in the mobile view. I have a bar with 3 containers each.

May you can have a look what I mean?


Thank you!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing back! You’re always welcome!
As we’ve resolved the original issue, please open a new support ticket and we’d be happy to help.

This way we can accurately track your issues and get everything resolved a quickly as possible. Thanks for your understanding!