Cornerstone 7 conflict with Gravity Forms

I updated the cornerstone plugin from 6.1.4 to 7.0.2 and my site went blank. Checked my error logs and found a conflict with Gravity Forms:

Uncaught Error: Call to a member function process_content() on bool
Theme: X
File: /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/plugins/gravity-forms.php
Line: 50

Stack trace:
#0 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): x_gravity_forms_checker()
#1 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#2 /wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#3 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/styles.php(43): do_action()
#4 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): x_enqueue_site_styles()
#5 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#6 /wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#7 /wp-includes/script-loader.php(2180): do_action()
#8 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): wp_enqueue_scripts()
#9 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#10 /wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#11 /wp-includes/general-template.php(3043): do_action()
#12 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php(15): wp_head()
#13 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#14 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view()
#15 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/ethos/wp-header.php(11): x_get_view()
#16 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#17 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view()
#18 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/header/base.php(17): x_get_view()
#19 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#20 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view()
#21 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/setup.php(41): x_get_view()
#22 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): Themeco\Theme\Theme->{closure}()
#23 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#24 /wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#25 /wp-content/themes/x/header.php(9): do_action()
#26 /wp-includes/template.php(783): require_once('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#27 /wp-includes/template.php(718): load_template()
#28 /wp-includes/general-template.php(48): locate_template()
#29 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/ethos/template-blank-4.php(9): get_header()
#30 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#31 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view()
#32 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/templates/template-blank-4.php(15): x_get_view()
#33 /wp-includes/template-loader.php(106): include('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#34 /wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#35 /index.php(17): require('/home/cngfoccyk...')
#36 {main}
thrown in /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/plugins/gravity-forms.php on line 50
#29 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/ethos/wp-single.php(11): get_header()
#32 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/templates/single.php(15): x_get_view()
#29 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/ethos/wp-page.php(9): get_header()
#32 /wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/templates/page.php(15): x_get_view()

I had to restore my site from a backup to get it back up. This needs to be fixed before I can upgrade. Gravity Forms is essential to my site. Do you have a link that I can download version 6.1.4 for testing?

Hello @tkulow,

Thanks for writing in!

Please do your updates in a staging area first. This is to prevent any disruption with your live site. If there are issue with the updates, it can be troubleshoot and tested in the staging area. Once the updates works in the staging area, then that is the time to proceed with the updates in your live site. Meanwhile, please make sure to update the X theme to version 10.0.3 first before updating Cornerstone to 7.0.3. Or least make sure that every thing is up to date.

If everything fails, please provide us access to your WP staging area so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you. The issue was with the theme not being updated first. I didn’t even realize the theme needed to be updated. Perhaps when there are updates to the plugin the require updates from the theme you can add a notice to the top of the plugin page?

1 Like

That is a great idea and something we will definitely add to alleviate confusion. Thanks have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.