Cornerstone 6.1.2 (Upgrade from 6.0.8) Broke CSS on Site

I upgraded Cornerstone from 6.0.8 to 6.1.2 and many areas of my website looked terrible, mainly because the CSS changed for some reason.

For example, the top portion of my homepage went from:

To looking like:

Many other areas that used elements from X theme changed too, like:

To:

This minor upgrade of Cornerstone (6.0.8 to 6.1.2) is a massive change that made my entire site look broken.

I downloaded the previous version from my Theme.co account page and took it live and that fixed the issue.

But my question is why? How could CSS changes this massive to /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone break the look and feel of my entire website?

And how do I upgrade to the new Cornerstone without breaking the UI of my entire website?

Hi @alizandi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Please do the following first.

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I did these two things after upgrading:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)
  • Clear all the site caches ( plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache ) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

This is a real pain:

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Nobody has reported any similar issues?

Hello @alizandi,

I would suggest it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.