I can’t get Cornerstone to work after the latest round of updates. I am getting spinning circles, or an error message when I try to edit existing pages. I have updated to Cornerstone 2.1.3, and X 5.2.2. I’ve cleared the cache, and I have tried changing the settings in Autoptomize, as per your advice to another user, but no change.
Thanks,
Beate
Hi There,
I deactivate all your third party plugins and CS loads fine.
Hi There,
Find out which plugin is causing the issue by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
Let us know how it goes!
Hi Joao,
Thank you for responding and for looking into this. I have deactivated our plugins one at a time, but still can’t load Cornerstone. Most plugins had been left deactivated when I logged in this morning, and it was not working then either.
Having played around a bit, I have managed to edit a page with Cornerstone, but without the preview loading. The screen still looks as in the screenshot above, but the customizer on the left does respond, and I was able to save the change. This will be fine for small edits, but not for building new pages. Any ideas?
Also, thank you for investigating, but could I please ask that you reactivate any plugins you deactivate if you do go back in? Job Manager and Revolution Slider are particularly crucial to us, and neither had been reactivated. We can’t afford any downtime on the Job Manager plugins in particular.
Thanks,
Beate
Hello Beate,
Thanks for updating in! I have logged in to your to investigate further. Judging on the number of active plugins in your site, you might have exhausted your PHP memory when using Cornerstone. We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */
We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.
Hi @RueNel,
This seems to have done the trick. I still get the odd error message, but it generally loads when retrying. Also, I can no longer get Cornerstone to work in Edge, only Chrome (haven’t tried other browsers). This isn’t a big problem, but it would be really useful to be able to edit in both, as we only have access to Edge in the cloud we work from.
Thanks for your help!
Beate
Hi Beate
I apologize for forgetting to turn on the plugins, we usually do that always.
Glad it is working.
Regarding Edge and IE are not really good browsers for development, I would suggest you, Firefox and Chrome.
Thank you
No worries. No harm done, and I appreciate the help!
Thanks,
Beate
You’re welcome! 
