Copyright of Template Items

Hi,
I do have a copyright question: We sometimes use X prebuild demos, which we adjust for our clients. I always assumed, that graphics coming with the demo content is properly licensed and can be used by the developer.
To give an example:
http://demo.theme.co/gym/
The image of the bodybuilders. I assume that we can leave it, if it is is for a sports site.
I did not find anywhere any confirmation about the assumption that from a copyright perspective the image can be used.
Could you confirm, that the use of the images in the templates is okay?
Second question: now one client likes the food truck in the food truck template, (which we left in his website) and asked if he could use the truck for printouts on a paperbox, where the food will be served in.
Again the question: from a copyright perspective, can we give the go ahead to do so?
Thank you,
M

Hi M,

Yes, that is correct, you can use all the content that comes with the expanded demos.

Hope it helps

Hi Joao,
thank you for your message.
Only to confirm: a graphic component for OFFLINE print (e.g. brochure, that looks similar like the webdesign) is okay to use as well?
Thank you,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Our images are available for use online only and we can’t speak to offline usage.

Sincerely, my personal opinion is that you should buy similar but different images in order to make your website look as original as possible. When I build websites using our extended demos, I usually end up re-using 1 or 2 images on the website but replace most of them with different images to give more of a unique feel to the website.

If you are considering printing them, I guess buying the images would be the way to go, especially you could be sure you would have all the images with much larger sizes for bigger prints if necessary.

If you are in tight budget, I would recommend you checking the website Adobe Photo Stock, the images are fairly affordable, I believe you get 10 images for $30 and you can find pretty good material there.

Hope it helps

Hi,
thank you for you answer. I usually do it the same way as you described, the client loved the “Food Truck” though, so we left it and now there is the question of offline print. No worries, I will replace anything, that needs to be used in an offline version too.
All the very best,
Matthias

Glad to hear we managed to help!

Cheer!