Copy element style

Can you please tell me how to invoke this window so that I can copy and paste style from one item to the next? I was watching the lists video. I’m using a Mac.

Thanks,

Hello Cindy,

Thanks for writing in!

To copy the style of any element, simply hover over the element, right-click on it and select “Copy”. Find the element where you want to style, hover over into that element and then this time, select “Paste Style”.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I right-clicked and selected “Copy” a text element but when I right-clicked and selected another text element I don’t see “Paste Style.” I see only Copy, Speech and Inspect Element instead. The theme’s window doesn’t come up, but the browser window. Is this another Pro feature not available for regular X theme? A Mac/PC thing? HELP!!! Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 11.44.56 AM

Hello Cindy.

Please do a single right-click on the text element. Do NOT double-click on the text element and then right-click. You can hover over the element and then right-click.

Hope this makes sense.

Actually, I tried all this and it’s not working. That window I see on video never come up on my end no matter what. I want to use a static list. This means I have to apply styles manually from item to item? This is scary frustrating. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Hi Cindy,

I have checked the same and found the Paste and Paste Style options on the Right click.

**NOTE:**You can only see those options if you have already copied something.

Thanks

I believe you, but it’s not happening. Sorry, it’s the X-theme window (the black one), as shown in my original screenshot and in yours that I cannot invoke by right clicking (on my Mac is the control click). The windows that come up with control click are the browser window, Are you using PC?

Hello Cindy,

Some of our Staff use PC. Others use MacOS. On my macOS, I can also right-click (secondary click) it. Maybe you have not enabled the right click in your Mac > System Preferences > Mouse.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

I enabled secondary click as per instructions, and while the X-theme window is now invoked, when I choose copy (the blue headline), the browser window seems to take over again. When I go to another element where I want the style copied (change red headline to blue), paste style is grey out. Please see screenshot.

Hello Cindy,

The given username and password are not working for us.
Please double-check.

Thank you.

Sorry please use new credentials.

Hey Cindy,

I could only replicate the issue if you use Right Click in the Content Menu also so I’m wondering if you’re doing the same or are you using a Magic Mouse? If so, please refer to the device’s manual if left-clicking is possible.

It’s also possible that the Control key on your keyboard is stuck so your left click turns into right click.

Thanks.

Wow, that did. I changed it to left clicking on my Magic Mouse and it now works. Whew!!! Thanks a million. May be something to note for future improvement/instruction if possible? It’s not exactly intuitive. But we did it.

Hi Cindy,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.