ConvertPlus won't work/connect to Mailchimp

Hello,

I’ve installed ConvertPlus and created a modal popup but it seems it doesnt connect to Mailchimp. I connected it to the list on Mailchimp that had like 36 contacts but in the Connects it showed 0 contacts. Since i tried 4 times to test subscription (from different browsers and different emails), number 4 appeared in the Connects as contacts but each time there was an issue with the subscription.
And its saying that the admin has been notified but I havent received anything about the issue.
Btw, during the creation of the popup and connection to the Mailchimp, it didn’t require me to put an API key (like it’s said in the 6th step here )

Also, in the plugins i see this notification:
Can it be a possible problem? Do I have to pay for the license if I’m using X theme?

Hope you can help with it!

Thanks

Hi There,

Can you please send us your web site details so that we can have a look on to the issue that you are facing!

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Hi there,

I’ve sent you details in the secure note.

Thanks

Hi there,

There are many options there, and a single name field. Have you configured your Mailchimp listing to match those fields? Please check this https://kb.mailchimp.com/merge-tags/getting-started-with-merge-tags

Thanks!

Hi there,

I’m not sure what do you mean. I created groups for the mailing list in Mailchimp. And in the Connects I chose this mailing list and all the groups. And that’s what I saw in the result:

Shouldn’t it show all the already existing subscribers?

Thanks

Hey There,

I am now seeing 9 contacts.

Please check your list in MailChimp. Maybe the contacts were not totally loaded yet.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there,

This 9 contacts are gained through the popup, but before there were already 36 contacts in Mailchimp list, which are not visible in ConvertPlus. However, when I’m trying to sign up for the newsletter, from different sessions, emails, after clearing cache etc, it’s still showing the same error message:

Is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks

Hello There,

Could you also provide the access to your Mailchimp account so that we can easily troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you.

Hi there,

Mailchimp login details are in the secure note.

Thank you

Hey There,

I have logged in to your site. It turns out that ConvertPlus will not load the number of subscribers from the list. It will have its own counter. The number indicates the number of subscriptions made through the plugin. For more details how to correctly set it up, you can check the documentation here: https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/mailchimp-wordpress-popup-plugin/

I’ve also checked the API calls and there were errors in it. http://prntscr.com/incasq
This means that some of the fields needs to be merge. Please check out this documentation to be able to resolve this issue.
https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/sync-multiple-fields-data-mailchimp/

Hope this helps.

Hello again

Thanks for the reply.

I merged the fields,

but it’s still not working. When trying to subscribe, it’s showing the same error window as before:

or this:

Even though there is an error message, it seems, all the attemption of subscription go in the list of Convert Plus (I checked in Connects):

But all these new contacts are not connecting to Mailchimp list (the number stayed the same - 38). Do you know why it’s not going to the list of Mailchimp and how to make it go there automatically?

Even if I add the people from the Convert Plus manually to Mailchimp list, there is another problem (in Connects list):
I see NA instead of the name of the person, i figured it might mean “not available” but it’s weird because i did test subscription and i put names, and it’s still written NA.

Lastly, I exported the contact list from Connects in Excel sheet but it’s not showing all the variants of multiple choice (see image below) except for Education, and even if i chose other variants while attempting to subscribe, it still goes to Education on the Excel sheet.

To see what I mean, please try to export the contacts and see the Excel document.

Please let me know if there are solutions for all these problems!

Thank you!

Hi there,

Your subscription has full-name but your merge fields have first and last name. Try making them similar especially with field names. Or first, please start with new popup where first name, last name, and emails are given and test it, then add fields one at a time and test it (of course, new listing as well until you match the ConvertPlus fields and Mailchimp merged fields).

Plus, subscriptions in ConvertPlus is different, all subscriptions will go through in it since it’s installed in your site. The problem here is the handshake or data transfer between ConvertPlus and Mailchimp. Hence, it’s only normal if you’ll get successful in your ConvertPlus.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.