ConvertPlus Extension Not Installing

Hi,

When I press the “INSTALL” button under ConvertPlus inside the X theme overview area, nothing happens.

The same with the “details” link just above it.

Do you have any idea as to why this is happening? I’m trying to link my mailchimp account with my site and this appears to be the only method that will work.

Cheers

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This usually happen if you have file permission issue where in you cannot install plugins because of permissions. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

Thank you.

Cheers, will do!

Here’s the details:

Thanks again!

Hi there,

There is a javascript error that prevents it. Please try this

  1. Backup your site
  2. Deactivate all your plugins (except cornerstone)
  3. Re-install your X theme
  4. Install the ConverPlus plugin
  5. Activate all your plugins again

Thanks!

Cheers man I’ll try that!

That still didn’t work :disappointed:

Hello There,

We have logged in and re install WP Core and even the X theme with 5.2.5. The JS error is still on the page. Would you mind providing us your ftp access? There might be files that is corrupted or something else.

Please provide the ftp hostname, ftp user and ftp password if it’s okay so that we can investigate further.

Regards.

Okay, here you go:

Hi There,

I have investigated this issue further and it seems either your server’s firewall or any other security setting is blocking the communication to theme.co server which is required to install extensions and genereate demo content etc.

Could you please ask your hosting provider to whitelist any communication to theme.co and that should resolve your issue.

Thanks!

Cool will do, thanks!

Kindly give the hosting service provider the information below that might help them know which server they should whitelist:

Thank you.

I just got in contact with them they said the connection between my site and theme.co is allowed.

Do you think there could be another possible issue or should I send them that info anyway?

Hi There,

Upon further investigating with the help of our support lead, we found that your X theme was corrupted and re-installing it resolves the issue.

I have kept a backup of your earlier theme renamed as OLD_BACKUP_x and kept inside of your themes folder.

Thanks!

So I should install the backup and everything should be fine?

I noticed in the theme section of my wordpress admin, that there are now 2 X theme’s (neither of which are named Old Backup) and a child theme installed.

Which X theme should I install?

Hi There,

You don’t have to do anything. I just kept a backup of your old theme, in case if you have directly edited any template files. If you haven’t edited any of your theme files directly, you can safely delete that backup as well.

You will not see the actual theme names through Appearance -> Themes section. You will need to connect through your FTP account and head over to wp-content/themes section to see the theme directories.

Thanks!

Right cool, thanks!

That’s it working now man, cheers :wink:

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile: