ConvertPlus blocks menu items/hyperlinked elements once closed

On website propacusa.com, I have a fairly tall slide-in tab. If the browser window is not opened tall enough, and the slide-in covers up the menu items (or any other hyperlinked elements), those items are no longer available.

In researching I found that the CSS uses Visibility: hidden, instead of display:none, so effectively it covers up those items as if it were still there. I can’t find the right combination of CSS to fix this issue, and I’m hoping that you can help me quickly. Client just sent out a newsletter, asking their customers to visit the site, and if their monitor is too small, they won’t be able to easily get to the menu item from the home page.

Please help!!!

The problem only seems to occur if the full height of the slide-in is unable to be displayed. Then it slides in, and adjusts down so that the top of the slide-in is visible. And then when it’s closed, hyperlinked elements are no longer active.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

All I see is a rotating gear icon, I assume it’s a coming soon/under construction page. In that case, please provide your login credentials in a secure note, and please provide a video recording of this issue.

Thanks!

I’ve taken it out of maintenance, please check again.

Hi there,

It’s still displaying the maintenance page, how about just providing a login credentials?

Thanks!

I have had problems with my maintenance plugin - although I am no longer in maintenance and you should be able to see what I am talking about, I will be sending you credentials in Secure Note.

Hi There,

I am able to see the issue. It is because si-open class remained. When the close button is clicked, si-open class should be replace by si-close. There is something from your site that is preventing the change from happening. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6ThEI9zn

I have tested it on my site and I cannot duplicate this issue. Would you mind doing some basic troubleshooting first? You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I did all that but I’ll try again. Worst impact is that we seem to have experienced a huge drop off in purchases when the slide in was active.

I deactivated all but Convert Plus

The problem persists.

Did you set up your convertplus slide-in to be double high, and then shrink the window to be smaller than the height of the slide-in? That’s the only time this problem exists. If the height of the slide-in fits within the height of the window, no problem.

This doesn’t seem to be a problem for the responsive sizes.

Also, I switched from the child theme to the parent X theme, and the problem still exists. With all plugins deactivated except for convertplus.

I also switched the theme to Twenty Seventeen and with all plugins except for ConvertPlus activated, the problem STILL exists.

Hi there,

Please add this code to your global custom javascript, that should fix it.

jQuery( document ).on('click', '.slidein-overlay-close', function() {

jQuery('.si-open').removeClass('si-open');

} );

Cheers!

No change :confused:

Double checked - still not working if the slide-in has to adjust to fit into the window.

Hi,

I can see the code in the footer which means it was not added correctly.

Please add it in X > Launch > Options > JS

Thanks

I used the Custom option in the regular theme optimizer - so either way the code is in the custom js area. I went in using the instructions you provided, and what I copied and pasted from @Rad was indeed there. I believe there are credentials earlier in the thread so you can verify. The Custom JS area is the only place where I put the javascript. Any other suggestions? I am at a loss since the JS is where you told me to put it.

Ok, I deleted everything that was in the js custom code area, and added back the code that @Rad recommended. It seems to be working now. (at least I hope so)

Glad to hear it’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.