Convertplug links/close button not functioning!

Hi

I have created an ‘Info Bar’ on a specific page of my development site here http://www.dev-midsussexphotography.midsussexwebsites.co.uk

It is a simple bar, just a short piece of text followed by a link to the contacts page. It is set to only display on the page linked above, it will automatically display after 5 seconds.

Once displayed, it is not possible to close it, the close button is not working. Also, the link to the contacts page isnot working.

Any advice very greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi there,

I have checked your site but I can’t seem to see the convert plug you mentioned.

Would you mind providing us more info how we would be able to get it to display so that we can check it?

My apologies Jade, the link I provided was not for the correct page. No matter, I have changed the setting for the Convert Plus bar so that it shows immediately and on all pages…

Arrows are the elements that should function as link/close bar.

Hello There,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

I haven’t corrected the issue at all. Let’s start again folks please.

The link in the text banner along with its ‘X’ close button do not function.

Please help me, they need to work.

It’s very nice that these extensions are included with the theme but it totally sucks balls that no developer support is available for them.

Just to be clear, the problem remains!

Hi There,

The close link does work fine and the bar fades up once I clicked on it.

If you are still facing the issue, please clean your browser cache and test it again, if the issue persists, please let us know which browser and device you are using while experiencing the issue.

Thank you

Hi, not working for me Firefox (54.0.1 or 55.0.3), I tested on others with the following findings,

I didn’t check the versions of the other browsers, they are all pretty up to date, but let’s be honest if the ‘Convert Plus’ plugin won’t work on a browser a couple of revisions out of date it really isn’t worth having.

Hello There,

Thanks for getting back to us. I would escalate this issue and forward this to the creators of the ConvertPlus plugin instead.

Please bear with us.

Hello,

I have the same problem: the close button does not work and the links do not work.

http://www.dicotravail.com/lettre-salarie/

My browser is Firefox

HI @maggichris

Thanks for writing around! It seems like the content is being served by cache. Please make sure to purge your plugin’s cache and see if this resolves the issue, If this doesn’t help then try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Nabeel,

The problem with plugins bundled with themes is there is no direct support from the plugin author available. I wish had the time and patience to sit around as Themeco and the author bounce ideas over my head and fail to fix the issue.

The development site had no caching. The (now) live site does. I discovered the problem and the fix, the problem was that the plugin doesn’t work, the fix was to uninstall it and move on.

Whilst I wish the plugin authors every success, allowing the plugin to be bundled and then inadequately supported via theme providers will likely prove to be a mistake.

Appreciate your help all the same.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi,

I purged the cache but it still does not work!

Hi again,

Can you please disable W3 Total Cache plugin first and then try testing for a plugin conflict by deactivating all third party plugins?

Keep the W3 Total Cache plugin deactivated so we can take a look at your setup. Thanks!