Convertplug Form Privacy Text

Hi,

I have created a modal popup form in Convertplug, but I need to add a privacy notice to the bottom of the form. I could not find any instructions on the Convertplug site to add additional text to a form. I know I need to add some custom CSS, but can you please put me on the right track with the syntax to add and format the text on the bottom of the form? Thanks a lot!

Hi There,

Is this your website? I was unable to access it.

Could you please double check?

Thank you.

Sorry, I had the site blocked to everyone but me while I work on it. You have the info in that earlier secure note. The form modal is CSS triggered by the button on the research section. Also, I have a checkbox on the form, but it does not do anything on click (like show a checkmark or an x). Please help! Thanks a lot.

Hey @Vana732,

To add text, please use this CSS

.cp-all-inputs-wrap:after {
    content: "Put your text...";
}

I tested the checkbox and there’s is a check upon clicking.

What browser are you using? Also try clearing your browser’s cache or try other browsers.

Thanks.

Thanks! That CSS is fine, and I do see the checkbox on other browsers. If I want to put the text underneath the button, how do I modify the CSS? I used the Firefox inspector but I can’t see what that is called because the Inspector doesn’t pick up whats on the form. Thanks!

Hi there,

As for the checkbox, it seems to work fine on Google Chrome but is not showing the ticked mark on Firefox. Please add this code in the Global CSS as a workaround:

input.cp-input.cp-checkbox {
    moz-appearance: checkbox !important;
}

You might want to check out Chrome DevTools for inspect your code as it is quite easy to use for tracing the html and CSS code using it.

If you want to place the text below the button, the code should be:

.cp-submit-wrap:after {
    content: "Put your text...";
}

This is using the .cp-submit-wrap class selector that wraps the button element.

Hope this helps.

Yes, the text string shows under the button with that css inserted as Custom Code into the modal form “Request Updates”. But its adding an extra box outlined in black below the form, which looks bad. How can I get rid of that extra box?

Also, I want the content to be a link to the privacy policy. I have tried the following css which doesn’t work:
.cp-submit-wrap: after {
content: url ("#privacy");
}
I have added the text as a label for the link using your css, but I want the text to be a clickable link to #privacy on the Legal page. How can I do that?

Hi

To achieve that, remove the css code and add this in Theme Options > JS

jQuery( "<a href='http://yoursite.com/legal/#privacy'>Privacy Policy</a>" ).insertAfter( ".cp_id_20008 .cp-submit-wrap"  );

Change yoursite.com with your url.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.