Converted from X theme to PRO with a problem

Good day!

Recently bought and installed X theme. I have upgraded to PRO the same day.

But I noticed a very strange problem.

It seems like cornerstone is working fine but in “Plugins” section it is “deactivated”

When I try to “Activate” it gives the following error message:
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base in /home1/hazlive/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

I read some posts related to this problem, deleted the cornerstone in X theme, and then tried to activate it in PRO, but problem still remains.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Hi @HazLive,

Thanks for writing in.

Cornerstone isn’t required in Pro, what you know as Cornerstone is called the Content Builder, while the interface and the elements are the same as X (at the time of writing), in Pro the Content Builder powers and has become part of the core underlying technology and architecture.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like

[quote=“nico, post:2, topic:2412”]
in Pro the Content Builder powers and has become part of the core underlying technology and architecture.
[/quote] It makes perfect sense to me now, thank you so much!

Kindest Regards,

Happy Pro User.

Hello There,

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

Cheers.

So we should just leave Cornerstone deactivated? I’m having the same issue with a new Pro install today.

Im really confused. I have the option i see when i login here to download pro, but where do I intall it? Is it a plugin or a theme?

you guys really havent made this very clear at in. in fact its quite the opposite and beyond confusing.

Also if I ever get this pro thing figured out, is it compatible with visual composer or just cornerstone? Thanks in advnance.

Hi There,

Pro is a Theme just like X is another theme.

Both products have a lot of similarities as we can say PRO was born from X but they are ultimately two different products.

At this stage the main differences are:

Pro has it´s own builder built-in, at this stage it looks 100% like Cornerstone.

Pro offers the new Header and Footer Builder which allow you to build very flexible Header and Footer layouts like no other theme.

X Offers Demo Content - Pro does not offer demo content but we will be integrating a new solution to replace de demo content on the release 2.0 which is on the way.

Both products are compatible with Visual Composer.

If you download PRO and you already have X you need to install pro and validate it as a new theme.

Hope it clarifies.