Convert Plus - There was an issue with your request. Administrator has been notified already!

I solved one issue with convert plus but now I need some help resolving this error “There was an issue with your request. Administrator has been notified already!” I’ve checked Mailchimp and Convert Plus configuration multiple times and I don’t see an issue. Double optin is turned off, field names match, etc. I have the free version of Mailchimp.

Below is a screen shot of Convert Plus modal popup convert plus config and Mailchimp config.

HI @rbelknap,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Please see secure note above. Also, I have an update…the non-gmail.com email optins ARE getting to Mailchimp. The reason I thought they didn’t is because a confirm subscription email was sent out and that had to be accepted before the contact shows up in the audience. In summary, there are 2 issues that I need help resolving:

1. Why are gmail.com optins throwing the error “There was an issue with your request…” and not getting interfaced to Mailchimp?

2. How do I suppress the please confirm subscription email. I checked Mailchimp options and double optin is turned off.

Thanks!

Update…
Issue #1, gmail.com email addresses, is resolved. I installed the X Email Forms plugin. It actually gave me an helpful and specific error message. The error was that the gmail.com email looked fake and therefore it would not process it. I’m guessing that’s a Mailchimp produced error. We used a different gmail email (a real one) and it worked.

Now I just need issue #2 resolved. How do I suppress the please confirm subscription email?

Hi @rbelknap,

Please make sure your form configuration and on your Mailchimp configuration that it is set to single opt-in.

MailChimp - Choose Opt-In Settings

On Email Form plugin, it is under Email Forms > General Settings > Opt-In New Users

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I made sure that was unchecked but I’m still receiving the “please confirm subscription” email. Where else could this be getting triggered? Is there anything in the X convert plus plugin? Thanks!

Hi @rbelknap,

On Email Form plugin, it is under Email Forms > General Settings > Opt-In New Users, please set it to NO

Only if it doesn’t work, please disable IP restrictions or any restrictions on your website so we could check.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.