Convert Plus mobile options

Team X - hope you’re all hanging in during this mental time on earth :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Sending some support love your way!

We’ve noticed some odd behavior with Convert Plus on different mobile devices and wanted to double check if there were settings somewhere maybe we missed inside of X. At the moment on an ipad the newsletter slide on the home page is set to be minimized when the page opens but stays visible on the desktop, on the mobile if you don’t open the slide and scroll down it disappears. How can we ensure it stays visible whether it’s been expanded or not?

Some customers have noted the slider does not appear at all on iphones, we could only test this with simulators and and noticed the same thing - are we missing something, a setting to ensure this plugin is working with the rest of the responsive settings in X?

Any nudges in the right direction would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

Hello @Deesign,

Thanks for writing in!

Please check your slide in settings because at the moment, it is only showing for the logged in users and first time users.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you @ruenel - I did have those set to show because we want the slide to show to everyone. If these are set to Hide then first time users would not see the slide and logged in customers would not see the slide. How should we set this differently to ensure everyone sees the slide, even on a mobile device?

Right now, minimized on page load the slide disappears as soon as you scroll down the page on the ipad.

Hey @Deesign,

I checked your site on an iPhone and the Slide is displaying fine. It displays whether I scroll or not.

Please clear your browser’s cache and test in incognito mode and other browsers. If that won’t resolve the issue on your end, please give us the name and version of your Operating System and Browser.

Thanks.

Thank you @christian - really appreciate your assistance.

The iphone is working for us it’s while using Safari on the ipad that the slide disappears completely.

Hey @Deesign,

I’m sorry I forgot to detail previously that I also have tested this in a recent iPad model. I have replicated the issue you described now using an older iPad. Regretfully, we need to forward this issue to ConvertPlus developers because this doesn’t have a simple workaround as the Slide In position is calculated using Javascript. The ConvertPlus developers needs to investigate and fix the said script.

For now, please use other methods instead like the Modal or try our Content Dock extension in combination with our Email Forms extension.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused by this ConvertPlus issue.

Understood - thank you @christian

Your team will be forwarding the issue to the ConvertPlus developers?
We’ll look into the alternatives now, many thanks for the extra guidence.

Yes, we are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.