"Contributor" edits ALL posts. - This is not correct?

I have searched the knowledge base and pulled out the little hair left on my head. Your time is valuable and appreciated, so I’ll be brief.

I have a test account using the “Contributor” role.
In Cornerstone Setting > Content Roles > I have added “Contributor”
When I log into Wordpress as “Contributor” I can access all the “Content” via “X” in the top bar in WP.

Cornerstone then allows the “Contributor” to edit EVERY user’s posts. - This is the problem.

Why is this happening? I only need a “Contributor” to edit their own posts.

With Gratitude.
Jay

Hi @jpifer,

Thanks for writing in.

If you have added contributor in the cornerstone, it means that contributors could be able to use Cornerstone. It should not disrupt any functionality of the contributor only. In this case, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi Nico…

Thank you…but that is not the problem. The problem is (in Cornerstone) “Contributors” are able to edit EVERY AUTHOR’s post. That is not how the “Contributor” role is supposed to function.

Is that a problem in Cornerstone?

Hello There,

I can confirmed that this is a bug in Cornerstone/Pro Content editor. I have submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Thank you for your understanding.

How long does it typically take to get a bug fixed? Seems like this is kind of serious security issue for those that use the “Contributor” role in a multi-author environment.

Hi there,

We currently do not have an ETA when the fix will be released but rest assured that this has been added to our issue tracker and our developers are on it.

You may keep track about the new update release on our changelog.

Thanks Jade,

Thank you for your response. I’m sure your team has their hands full. However I do hope a security bug gets prioritized and fixed in the next release. It would help me out a lot. I need my site worked on and I can not give access until the bug is fixed. I only hire people experienced in X in Cornerstone to work on my site. Thank you Jade!

Hello @jpifer,

We have informed our developers via issue tracker. I recomend you and as suggested by my colleague, please keep an eye on Changelog page for new announcements.

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.