Continued Error when trying to update X theme WordPress 6.0.2; X Theme 4.4.2; convertplug 1.2.4

I’ve been trying to update the PHP on a site running X theme, but it seems the site encounters a critical error with the X theme and with the convertplug plugin.

I first tried updating the PhP, which crashed the site (these instructions). I was able to go into the GoDaddy Managed WordPress backend and partially update the PHP to 6.0.2, which functioned with the outdated X-theme.

I then tried to use the instructions provided here to deactivate cornerstone and update the theme. When I updated the theme to 9.1.4, it crashed the site.

Convertplug is currently at version 1.2.4;
X theme is currently at 4.4.2

update: I was able to update the theme and cornerstone plugin on the live site (:tada:) but am not able to test anything on the dev site–I created a new dev site from the updated theme and cornerstone but when i go to access the dev site, it says there has been a critical error. What must I do to be able to test things in the dev space instead of directly editing my live site?

Hello Lydia,

Thanks for writing in! You may have been experiencing PHP Memory Limit exhaustion in your staging site. Try to increase your PHP memory limit to at least 256MB or 512MB. Kindly check this out:

If nothing is helping, kindly provide us access to the staging site so we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

upgrading the PHP memory limit fixed the issue! Thank you!

Hey Lydia,

It is good to know that your issue has been resolved. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to create another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.